reasons to be cheerfull 1.2.3

reasons to be cheerfull 1.2.3

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Nov 12

just been looking at divorce rates for different belief systems and it looks like the odds are looking good for me and my atheist brothers and sisters. other than hindu's we have the lowest divorce rate!! of the christian faiths the j.w's had the worst!!

but im not here to gloat (well maybe a little gloating wont hurt). but shouldnt the stats should be the other way around. doesnt god frown upon divorce???? whats going on christians, why are you guys struggling in your marriages??

s

England

Moves
09 Nov 12

divorce increased when maintenance increased

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
just been looking at divorce rates for different belief systems and it looks like the odds are looking good for me and my atheist brothers and sisters. other than hindu's we have the lowest divorce rate!! of the christian faiths the j.w's had the worst!!

but im not here to gloat (well maybe a little gloating wont hurt). but shouldnt the stats should ...[text shortened]... wn upon divorce???? whats going on christians, why are you guys struggling in your marriages??
Christians can get away with anything so long as they repent. I bet the world's prisons are full of 'em.

Moves
10 Nov 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Christians can get away with anything so long as they repent. I bet the world's prisons are full of 'em.
maybe the problem is that christians are in love with god more than their wifes/husbands and children. if they put their families first maybe their marriages would be more successful.

i also wonder how christians getting divorced reconcile their high falutin morals with the fact they are destroying their childrens lives.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Nov 12
2 edits

i also wonder how christians getting divorced reconcile their high falutin morals with the fact they are destroying their childrens lives.
As a single parent I resent your implication that I am destroying/have destroyed my child's life. If anything, children suffer the most in marriages that are held together by religion (when a divorce would be a better option).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Nov 12

but im not here to gloat (well maybe a little gloating wont hurt). but shouldnt the stats should ...[text shortened]... wn upon divorce???? whats going on christians, why are you guys struggling in your marriages??
It’s common to hear people say that Christians have the same divorce rate as non-Christians. In fact, most people believe this is an established fact. When digging deeper, however, this turns out to be false, at least when we’re talking about practicing Christians. Religious practice, not religious affiliation, makes the crucial difference.

http://marriagegems.com/tag/divorce-rates/

Moves
10 Nov 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
As a single parent I resent your implication that I am destroying/have destroyed my child's life. If anything, children suffer the most in marriages that are held together by religion (when a divorce would be a better option).
my apologies, if my generalizations seemed critical of your personal circumstance. my wording was not particularly sensitive, but it was meant as a general statement about divorce and not a critique of each individual case. there are no doubt many cases in which divorce is the correct thing to do but in 'general' its still lose-lose for the kids, divorce maybe the lesser of two evils in some senarios but its still going to leave the majority of kids with huge issues for the rest of their lives.