1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 23:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    While John 12:49 seems to speak in your favor (though there is a certain ambiguity if you look at other translations) regarding the minor first point of my post, the others seem to be speaking more in my favor. Given that, I still don't know that I'd phrase it the way you did.

Of course, they don't at all address the rest of the points of my post. But ...[text shortened]... ou can fix it by placing an extra [ /b ] (without the spaces) at the beginning of your post.
    thanks this bold thing is confusing to me....
    BTW, I did not ignore what you said, I am saying if Jesus only spoke what God said , it becomes a moot point. Check out these verses....
    Gal 1:11-12

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
    NKJV

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    NKJV

2 Peter 1:19-21

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
    NKJV
    There many are other places that confirm that the entire bible is God-breathed, including the words of Christ.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 23:515 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    thanks this bold thing is confusing to me....
    BTW, I did not ignore what you said, I am saying if Jesus only spoke what God said , it becomes a moot point. Check out these verses....
    Gal 1:11-12

11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I tau ...[text shortened]... other places that confirm that the entire bible is God-breathed, including the words of Christ.
    From what I can tell, the reason the /b is sometimes needed is because there is a bug in the code where tags in the "Originally posted by..." box can bleed into new posts.

The fact is that you clearly did not address most of the points of my earlier post. That you are trying to claim otherwise speaks to a lack of integrity on your part. This isn't the first time you've done this.

What's more, that you're now citing verses which are NOT the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth only serves to illustrate my eariler points which I've pasted below:

As I said:
    [quote]Jesus repeatedly exhorted His followers to adhere to HIS words (the words He spoke while He walked the Earth). He did not tell them to follow the words of the OT or the NT authors.

Your beliefs are not based upon the words that Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth. They are not based upon the words that Jesus repeatedly exhorted His followers to adhere to. As such it makes perfect sense to esteem those words above other words.[/b][/quote]

How can you claim, in good conscience, that you've been addressing the above?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 00:31
    From what I can tell, the reason the /b is sometimes needed is because there is a bug in the code where tags in the "Originally posted by..." box can bleed into new posts.

The fact is that you clearly did not address most of the points of my earlier post. That you are trying to claim otherwise speaks to a lack of integrity on your part. This isn't th ...[text shortened]... /quote]

See up there where it says [text shortened]? Sometimes there's a /b in the text it takes out. No conspiracy.

Who says you are the righteous 'post reply' police? He can pick and choose what parts of your post he wants to reply to. I think you're being unnecessarily harsh with him.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 01:142 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    See up there where it says [text shortened]? Sometimes there's a /b in the text it takes out. No conspiracy.

Who says you are the righteous 'post reply' police? He can pick and choose what parts of your post he wants to reply to. I think you're being unnecessarily harsh with him.

I know. Like I said, "...there is a bug in the code where tags in the 'Originally posted by...' box can bleed into new posts." Who said there was a conspiracy?

The current issue is that he claimed that he "did not ignore what [I] said" when he clearly did. Perhaps you should actually read all the pertinent posts before tossing out your opinion.

BTW, you've seemed to be a bit off the beam of late. Everything okay?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 01:31

The fact is that you clearly did not address most of the points of my earlier post. That you are trying to claim otherwise speaks to a lack of integrity on your part. This isn't th ...[text shortened]... /quote]

All right, let's try this one last time. You think Jesus is saying that his followers should adhere to his words only. I clearly understand and understood that. I thought I had clearly shown you that what Jesus spoke, by his own words, were what the father had shown him as in, what to speak. He never came out and said, forget the Father, listen to me.
    I have also shown you with scripture that all the words in the bible, including all that Jesus spoke were written by holy men of God, under the influence of holy spirit.
    In other words, all scripture originates from God. It is God breathed.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 01:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Thank you for your concern, but his rude behavior and arrogant manner don't bother me at all. I am used to it .. it is all accumulating on his account for the day of judgement. 🙂
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 01:561 edit
    All right, let's try this one last time. You think Jesus is saying that his followers should adhere to his words only. I clearly understand and understood that. I thought I had clearly shown you that what Jesus spoke, by his own words, were what the father had shown him as in, what to speak. He never came out and said, forget the Father, listen to me.
    I ...[text shortened]... luence of holy spirit.
    I have also shown you with scripture that all the words in the bible, including all that Jesus spoke were written by holy men of God, under the influence of holy spirit.

Do you really not understand the fact that the scripture you cited that makes that claim was NOT said by Jesus while He walked the Earth?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 02:021 edit
    Thank you for your concern, but his rude behavior and arrogant manner don't bother me at all. I am used to it .. it is all accumulating on his account for the day of judgement. 🙂
    What's "rude" and "arrogant" is your not owning up to the fact that you had claimed that you had "not ignore[d] what [I] said" when you clearly had. You didn't start trying to address those points until AFTER you made that claim.

Why is it that so many Christians have such an aversion to TRUTH? That's not a rhetorical question.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 02:27
    [b]I have also shown you with scripture that all the words in the bible, including all that Jesus spoke were written by holy men of God, under the influence of holy spirit.

Do you really not understand the fact that the scripture you cited that makes that claim was NOT said by Jesus while He walked the Earth?[/b]
    I give up...
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 02:51
    I give up...
    It's unfortunate that you choose to ignore the light of truth when it is shined upon beliefs you hold that don't hold up under scrutiny. It's unfortunate that so many Christians choose to follow words other than what Jesus repeatedly exhorted HIS followers to adhere to.

This is what the facts show:
    As I said:
    [quote]Jesus repeatedly exhorted His followers to adhere to HIS words (the words He spoke while He walked the Earth). He did not tell them to follow the words of the OT or the NT authors.

Your beliefs are not based upon the words that Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth. They are not based upon the words that Jesus repeatedly exhorted His followers to adhere to. As such it makes perfect sense to esteem those words above other words.
    [/quote]
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 19:23
    It's unfortunate that you choose to ignore the light of truth when it is shined upon beliefs you hold that don't hold up under scrutiny. It's unfortunate that so many Christians choose to follow words other than what Jesus repeatedly exhorted HIS followers to adhere to.

This is what the facts show:
    As I said:
    [quote][b]Jesus repeatedly exhort ...[text shortened]... dhere to. As such it makes perfect sense to esteem those words above other words.
    [/b]
    I think you were influenced by frogstomp years ago..🙂
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 19:37
    I think you were influenced by frogstomp years ago..🙂
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

In this and other threads, it's become quite apparent that you are either unwilling or incapable of honest discussion.

The truth will make you free.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 19:52
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

In this and other threads, it's become quite apparent that you are either unwilling or incapable of honest discussion.

The truth will make you free.
    frogstomp has not posted in a few years. He was into this Jesus words idea as well. I thought you might remember him, I was wondering what happened to him. But apparently not...never mind..
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 22:581 edit
    [b]See up there where it says [text shortened]? Sometimes there's a /b in the text it takes out. No conspiracy.

I know. Like I said, "...there is a bug in the code where tags in the 'Originally posted by...' box can bleed into new posts." Who said there was a conspiracy?

Who says you are the righteous 'post reply' police? He can pick and ch ...[text shortened]... ur opinion.

[/b]

No bug, either. The software is working as intended. It doesn't make sure our b's and /b's are matched. The "bleedover" you speak of is a function of the html language used by webpages.

The current issue is that he claimed that he "did not ignore what [I] said" when he clearly did. Perhaps you should actually read all the pertinent posts before tossing out your opinion.

He probably didn't "ignore" what you said. I'm guessing he read the entire post. He just chose not to reply to it (not that part anyway). Big difference. Why do you tend towards giving him some covert motive? I still think you're being harsh with him. I did read all the cogent posts. But your logic got a trifle more convoluted after you imagined him "slighting" you.

Even if he did "ignore" the other points you made (which I am not sure he did), so what? He replied to what he wanted to reply to. That's his prerogative.

I appreciate the concern. It's nothing serious. Let's just say my concentration is elsewhere lately. I suspect I'll be right as rain in a few days. Well-spotted though. No one else did.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 23:41
    it is all accumulating on his account for the day of judgement. 🙂
    You know this and I know this. But I think it's not exactly something to say about someone in a glib manner, as evidenced by your smiley. I've actually been trying to convince these heathens that Christians really do mourn for what will happen to them on Judgment Day, but off hand comments like this don't help those efforts. A certain amount of tact goes a lot farther in here than thorns. Know your audience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree