1. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 07:23
    My older brother and his wife asked my little brother and I if one of us would donate some sperm,as he is unable to have children.After about half a nanoseconds thought I said to my little brother"you can do it."
    I'm sure 99% of us would have no ethical problems with the process involved,yet in a different situation 99% would.Why?Oh yes....My older brother and his wife are both Christians,so I'ld especially like to hear the views of other Christians.
  2. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 07:49
    Don't faithful christains belive in the will of God? If a couple cannot have children is this not the will of God and should not be questioned? Just curious. Why would they not open their hearts and their home to a child who does not have one? Is adoption not a possibility? I think it's a little twisted to be the father of your sister-in-laws baby. 😕
  3. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 09:33
    God's Will....I don't know.I know my sister in law wants a baby from herself and my older bro wants one as near to himself as poss.I think it's allright.

This may/may not be a difficult question for some Christians to talk about....but I was actually refering to the process my little bro got asked to go through.Having a "****" any other time would be judged as wrong while here it's not.Why?
  4. England
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 11:331 edit
    you say little brother??? the law is clear on that line. But if you are over the age of concentual intercourse there should be little to no problem. As the father is the male who brings the child up not the sperm donor, but again the law is clear if DNA states he maybe/ could be made to contribute to the cost of upbringing. The "*****" at any other time is wrong some belive sperm should not be wasted and have the usual trouble with sex , my own belief is god has no problem with sex just mans / womans use of this. he had no problem with king david having 300+ concubines but turned against him when he went after someone elses wife
  5. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 12:151 edit
    What holds ground since the birth of Jesus is the New Testament,as I don't think you can relate too much of the Old Testament to today.A lot of what one reads in the Old Testament is pretty stuffed up...if you would.

As far as I know there is no problem at all....apart from the moral issues of my little brother having a "w***".Is it right or wrong as he will be thinking of someone.
  6. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '05 23:56
    I work in my father's chicken shop?
  7. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 20:22
    Originally posted by mokko
    Don't faithful christains belive in the will of God? If a couple cannot have children is this not the will of God and should not be questioned? Just curious. Why would they not open their hearts and their home to a child who does not have one? Is adoption not a possibility? I think it's a little twisted to be the father of your sister-in-laws baby. 😕
    Judging by Windmill's latest post I should imagine he's very used to having people fulfil multiple family roles.
  8. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 20:23
    Originally posted by windmill
    I work in my father's chicken shop?
    In order to help your little brother through his moral test, what do you think about when you're choking the chicken?
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 20:44
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    In order to help your little brother through his moral test, what do you think about when you're choking the chicken?
    LOL!
  10. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 22:55
    Originally posted by windmill
    My older brother and his wife asked my little brother and I if one of us would donate some sperm,as he is unable to have children.After about half a nanoseconds thought I said to my little brother"you can do it."
    I'm sure 99% of us would have no ethical problems with the process involved,yet in a different situation 99% would.Why?Oh yes....My older brot ...[text shortened]... and his wife are both Christians,so I'ld especially like to hear the views of other Christians.
    Please tell him not to bother:

There are too many religious nuts in this world as it is, without another one being artifically inseminated and brain-washed into creation.
  11. Meddling with things
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 08:05
    Oh please!

I was part of an 'infertile couple'. We were tested, drugged, poked, prodded and generally humiliated by doctors. We gave up the treatment after 5 yrs then surprisingly turned into a fertile couple.

I have two lovely children but I still remember how much it hurt when childless. You should help your brother, thats what being a brother is all about.
  12. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '05 12:34
    Congrates on the children.Pretty cool.
    Well help my younger brother by telling him not to read this forum as he may end up with mechanical failures?
    My point is his motives are good....so it's allright.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree