1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm guessing the DNA would be completely destroyed by digestion. You don't have bovine DNA in you from all the cheeseburgers you ever ate, do you?
    Nutrition scientists say we do get vitamins, minerals, and proteins from a big juicy steak as well as from Broccoli Salad and beans. 😏
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 10:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm guessing the DNA would be completely destroyed by digestion. You don't have bovine DNA in you from all the cheeseburgers you ever ate, do you?
    Actually, some bacteria swap whole genes, they get passed on sideways, from species to species which is why bacteria can evolve into those extreme drug resistant forms. Plants do that too to some extent.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 11:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, some bacteria swap whole genes, they get passed on sideways, from species to species which is why bacteria can evolve into those extreme drug resistant forms. Plants do that too to some extent.
    It has been found that bacteria do not evolve, but they adapt by discarding functionality in a similar way that sickle cells allow humans to become resistant to malaria. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree