1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:26
    Why do persons reject truth?

Why do they reject truth without having knowledge of why they are rejecting.

Persons reject truth for 4 reasons:

1. they are afraid (of the unknown)

2. they are ignorant (they have no knowledge)

3. they are foolish ( they behave childishly)

4. they are dishonest ( they must win every time)

There is no credit in rejecting truth because to reject truth no special intelligence is required and no knowledge is required - therefore any person can reject truth and even a monkey can reject truth or even a child with cerebral palsy can reject truth or even an old man with dementia can reject truth............So if these characters can reject the truth so easily, then you should know there is zero credit to you for YOUR simply rejecting whimsically the truth that is presented to you.

Therefore instead of rejecting truth because you are afraid or dishonest or ignorant or foolish - why don't you try something different for a change and discuss truth instead of rejecting it because you will not learn anything while you continue to reject.

Here is a good example of persons rejecting because they are afraid or foolish or dishonest or ignorant...........I presented 10 pages of information of the merits of vegetarianism (care for the lower creatures instead of killing them all)........and there was zero reasons to reject vegetarianism - but everyone rejected.

This is what I am talking about and if persons cannot understand the merits of NON killing in favour their killing - then their spiritual lives will never lift of the ground....ever.

And this is what the Christians must understand that while they continue to defend killing - they will never achieve love of God....ever ever ever, and all their talk of love and mercy and kindness is just empty useless lip service meaning nothing at all.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:401 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You list 4 possibilities, but there is a No.5, Dasa. And it's people not accepting your purely subjective assertions about what "the truth" is which they do because they have different belief systems from you. And no amount of calling people [who have different beliefs from you] ignorant or foolish or dishonest or whimsical - or comparing them to children with cerebral palsy or old men with dementia or cockroaches or rats or monkeys - is going to make No.5 go away.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    You list 4 possibilities, but there is a No.5, Dasa. And it's people not accepting your purely subjective assertions about what "the truth" is which they do because they have different belief systems from you. And no amount of calling people [who have different beliefs from you] ignorant or foolish or dishonest or whimsical - or comparing them to children with c ...[text shortened]... y or old men with dementia or cockroaches or rats or monkeys - is going to make No.5 go away.
    You have rejected the truth of my post and every other post because of reasons 2 and 3 and 4. .............because you cannot counter the truth I present with solid reasoning - but only whimsical emotional rejection time and time again.

This is very clear to see.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:53
    You have rejected the truth of my post and every other post because of reasons 2 and 3 and 4. .............because you cannot counter the truth I present with solid reasoning - but only whimsical emotional rejection time and time again.

I do not have to "counter" your subjective assertions about "the truth" because I am not a religionist and I am not involved in proselytism. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe about yourself Dasa but your belief system appears to allow you to authorize yourself to dish out a constant stream of raw insults and personal abuse and this is not something anyone has to accept.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:561 edit

If he has rejected the truth, then why do you argue with him about it?
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:58
    [Why do persons reject truth?

Why do they reject truth without having knowledge of why they are rejecting.

good. now that you have identified your flaws, what do you intend to do about them?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 03:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    If he has rejected the truth, then why do you argue with him about it?
    Perhaps I am one of the very few posters here who treats Dasa with patience and respect and who constantly asserts and reasserts Dasa's right to submit to whatever "authority" he wants or to believe what he wants about himself.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:02
    There is no credit in rejecting truth because to reject truth no special intelligence is required and no knowledge is required...
    ...therefore any person can reject truth and even a monkey can reject truth or even a child with cerebral palsy can reject truth or even an old man with dementia can reject truth.

If I were you, Dasa, I would cut back on this kind of invective if you have any serious or sincere desire to promote your religion on this forum. The term "rejecting truth", in your usage, is synonymous with "having different beliefs from Dasa". You are not going to propagate your faith here successfully by insulting people in this way.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps I am one of the very few posters here who treats Dasa with patience and respect and who constantly asserts and reasserts Dasa's right to submit to whatever "authority" he wants or to believe what he wants about himself.
    In other words, you are to blame. 😛
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do not have to "counter" your subjective assertions about "the truth" because I am not a religionist and I am not involved in proselytism. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe about yourself Dasa but your belief system appears to allow you to authorize yourself to dish out a constant stream of raw insults and personal abuse and this is not something anyone has to accept.
    I cannot discuss with you while you are constantly dishonest and fabricate assertions and untruths.

You have a dishonest imagination and use it to reject everything and anything whimsically.

The proof of this is that all your comments are centred around me....and not the subject.

If you go back to about the last 100 comments to me (from you).....they are all about me and NONE are about the subject at hand.

You never ever ever discuss the subject at hand.

You have an unhealthy fixation on Me..........ever since I exposed you over 12 months ago for being dishonest.

I cannot discuss while you remain dishonest.

You must dig deep and ask yourself why you are dishonest constantly with reguards to especially my postings.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    In other words, you are to blame. 😛
    I don't think so. I think Dasa is entitled to his beliefs and entitled to the opportunity to explain them. I have always counselled him to try a different approach in terms of his advocacy. He has a rather "tyrannical" style. But I think you're wide of the mark seeking to "blame" people who have tried to reason with him.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:09
    I cannot discuss with you while you are constantly dishonest and fabricate assertions and untruths.

You have a dishonest imagination and use it to reject everything and anything whimsically.

The proof of this is that all your comments are centred around me....and not the subject.

If you go back to about the last 100 comments to me (from you).....they ...[text shortened]... deep and ask yourself why you are dishonest constantly with reguards to especially my postings.
    It's because of "No.5", Dasa. No amount of personal abuse, heaped upon those who are different from you, is going to make "No.5" go away.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:10
    ..........ever since I exposed you over 12 months ago for being dishonest.
    Link?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's because of "No.5", Dasa. No amount of personal abuse, heaped upon those who are different from you, is going to make "No.5" go away.
    There has got to be a #6. Can anyone think of it?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '12 04:40
    You never ever ever discuss the subject at hand.

You have an unhealthy fixation on Me.
    Well, Dasa, I don't submit to the "authority" of the Vedas so discussing the fact that you do, especially when I support your right to do so, doesn't really seem necessary.

But we have discussed the fact that there is no 'ban' on eating meat in my or most other people's belief systems, regardless of whether you are a vegetarian (a lifestyle choice of yours I support, incidentally).

We've discussed that subject many times - which makes your assertion about how I "never ever ever discuss the subject at hand" seem a bit wobbly, if you ask me.

As for "fixation", I'm not sure what you mean. You concede that I have been supportive of your right to believe what you want to believe, right? Is this support a "fixation", because it is rather unflagging, even as others ridicule you and sometimes insult you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree