Religion is politics, not spirituality

Religion is politics, not spirituality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
The new testament wasn't written by jesus himself (too bad), but it is the closer you can get to what he actually was going for.
how do you know that?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by Badwater
Gandhi would be the most curious exception to the rule, unless I'm misreading the intent of what you are saying. The Dali Lama would be another exception, in that his religion informs his politics and not the other way around.
well, I'm going to accept your exceptions. you couldn't have named two folks I admire more.

F

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
how do you know that?
There is no gospel of Jesus in the bible. There are gospels of Matthew, John, Luke and, Mark (and some others) but none written by Jesus.

Moves
22 Apr 09

Everywhere I looked for the great men - I found only the apes of their ideals. - Nietzsche

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
There is no gospel of Jesus in the bible. There are gospels of Matthew, John, Luke and, Mark (and some others) but none written by Jesus.
duh

you know, you seem to have a truly MASSIVE grasp of the obvious

but hey, thanks for your very special point of view

thanks for sharing ....

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
22 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Everywhere I looked for the great men - I found only the apes of their ideals. - Nietzsche
Nietzsche needed to get out more -- he was, as Santayana said, "personally more philosophical than his philosophy. His talk about power, harshness, and superb immorality was the hobby of a harmless young scholar and constitutional invalid."

"Nietzsche is dead"

--God

Moves
22 Apr 09

As the feces whizzes by my ear.,,

F

Moves
22 Apr 09

duh

you know, you seem to have a truly MASSIVE grasp of the obvious

but hey, thanks for your very special point of view

thanks for sharing ....
But you knew that already, didn't you? That Jesus didn't write any gospel?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Apr 09

He was obviously referring to generalissimo's comment that the new testament is "the closer you can get to what [Jesus] actually was going for".

But, unsurprisingly, you failed to follow the argument.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 09

Nietzsche needed to get out more -- he was, as Santayana said, "personally more philosophical than his philosophy. His talk about power, harshness, and superb immorality was the hobby of a harmless young scholar and constitutional invalid."

"Nietzsche is dead"

--God
Lol, please don't leave the spirituality forum, you will create a vacuum that will suck in all types of cyber debris and we shall be bereft of a truly objective light!

Moves
22 Apr 09
1 edit

well, I'm going to accept your exceptions. you couldn't have named two folks I admire more.
On the whole I do agree with the point, however; especially when talking of the upper echelon of the vast majority of religions. (I meant to say that and didn't).

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
22 Apr 09

(sigh)😕

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by Badwater
On the whole I do agree with the point, however; especially when talking of the upper echelon of the vast majority of religions. (I meant to say that and didn't).
it wasn't confined to religious leadership, it includes all those exercising their will to power at everyone else's expense.

y
lovin the sea breeze

Up North!

Moves
22 Apr 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Just tell some Brer Rabbit stories or something, OK?
i think you are feeling a bit over sensitive - my dad use to tell me plenty of nasreddin stories and he was a proud dedicated muslim. he stories taught alot about spiritual / religious wisdom. i am proud that these stories exist and are shared... that islamic culture and stories are shared in a positive way teaching wisdom rather than people putting islamic culture down and identifying muslims as radical, violent and oppressive.

Moves
22 Apr 09

it wasn't confined to religious leadership, it includes all those exercising their will to power at everyone else's expense.
*nods* Thanks for the clarification.