1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    24 May '13 21:24
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22250412


    it is a retrospective on some beliefs belonging to several major religions that have been changed.

    christianity starts with challenging much of what was before it, yet many believe it is among the most inflexible religions.

    why are we incapable (muslims, jews, etc as well) to adjust our beliefs with the passing of time and the always changing world?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    24 May '13 21:31
    "People often think religion is easy," says Armstrong. "In fact it requires a great deal of intellectual, spiritual and imaginative effort. It's a struggle that never ceases."
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    24 May '13 21:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22250412


    it is a retrospective on some beliefs belonging to several major religions that have been changed.

    christianity starts with challenging much of what was before it, yet many believe it is among the most inflexible religions.

    why are we incapable (muslims, jews, etc as well) to adjust our beliefs with the passing of time and the always changing world?
    It is because religions rely on holy books for truth.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    24 May '13 21:39
    Originally posted by JS357
    It is because religions rely on holy books for truth.
    that is not a valid reason as we HAVE in fact changed while still relying on holy books. christians and jews do not stone people even though it is in their holy books.

    there are a lot of things in these holy books that we ignore, yet we hold insignificant garbage as essential
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    24 May '13 23:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that is not a valid reason as we HAVE in fact changed while still relying on holy books. christians and jews do not stone people even though it is in their holy books.

    there are a lot of things in these holy books that we ignore, yet we hold insignificant garbage as essential
    Since God does not change, man must change religious practices to conform to God's will. For Jesus instructed us to pray, "May God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

    The Instructor
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    24 May '13 23:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Since God does not change, man must change religious practices to conform to God's will. For Jesus instructed us to pray, "May God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

    The Instructor
    god changes all the time.

    he made creation, then destroyed it.
    he took care of job, then left him at the mercy of the other guy
    he sent jesus to change everything he had set before.


    the world changes, we must change with it. its called evolution.
Back to Top