I disagree. I say that salvation is possible. 😀
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 03:40
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Oh, the hell with it...
    Religious arguments! They stink: theology is not philosophy and therefore the theological arguments are not argumens but illogical axioms who they disappear with a blow of common sense. Tragicomedy;
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 03:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    I disagree. I say that salvation is possible. 😀
    Hi whodey!

Who is in danger and needs to be saved? Salvation from what?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 03:51
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Hi whodey!

Who is in danger and needs to be saved? Salvation from what?
    Vistesd said, "To hell with it".

It's a joke son, lighten up a bit. 😉
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 04:08

Thanks, Whodey. You are one of the few people on here who would attempt to actually pump up someone who is usually your adversary (only in the context of debate, that is!). And I understood the joking...

I’ve been on here for over 4 years; you’ve been on here for more than 2—is it only that long that we’ve been talking to one another? I daresay that each of us has changed the other’s thinking a bit over those years. I still recall when you got lambasted for attempting to offer me some solace on the divorce issue—when FreakyKBH was as well, and I thought he was attacking me—you remember?

Those “personal” moments are what I cherish most about the time here. The fact that lucifershammer, and Ivanhoe, and Freaky, and KJ, and KM, and Epi, and jaywill—and you—became friends even as we disagreed with one another on almost everything. And others as well, who I hope will forgive me for lack of mention. And folks like bbarr and No.1 and Nemesio and Dr. Scribbles and LJ—and others—who have kept me straight when I wandered away. And dear Kirksey, who has been so much my “spiritual director” that I don’t know how to express it. And others, whose lack of mention is only because I am tired. And some of the “newcomers” too, like pritybetta and blackbeetle (who is my dharma brother), and others—again—who I am too tired to properly recall. Mea culpa!

It is just a matter of energy—and my batteries are now crashed.

I have, now, no more purpose here. Whatever I have said, I have said. Whatever I have said reflected my truest understanding at the time. The most recent posts reflecting my most recent thought.

Those who truly deserve mention, and whom I have not had the good mind to mention here, forgive me.

Spring comes,
    the grass grows by itself—
    that is enough.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 05:28

Too much light affects my focus😵
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 05:34
    Thanks, Whodey. You are one of the few people on here who would attempt to actually pump up someone who is usually your adversary (only in the context of debate, that is!). And I understood the joking...

I’ve been on here for over 4 years; you’ve been on here for more than 2—is it only that long that we’ve been talking to one another? I daresay that e ...[text shortened]... mind to mention here, forgive me.

Spring comes,
    that is enough.
    Get away!
    Even Silent
    you will
    Be Here

😉
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 07:03

I’ve been on here for over 4 years; you’ve been on here for more than 2—is it only that long that we’ve been talking to one another? I daresay that e ...[text shortened]... mind to mention here, forgive me.

Spring comes,
    that is enough.
    You will be sorely missed, my friend!

I'm sure you already know this one (as well as who authored it):

[i]It rained during the night
    and two puddles formed in the dark
    and began chatting.
    One said,
    "It is so nice to at last be upon this earth
    and to meet you as well,
    But what will happen when
    the brilliant Sun comes
    and turns us back into spirit again?"
    Dear ones,
    enjoy the night as much as you can.
    Why ever trouble your heart with flight,
    when you have just arrived
    and your body is so full of warm desires.
    And look:
    so many meadows of soft hair are
    planted upon you.
    Why ever trouble yourself with God
    when He is so unjudging
    and kind..."
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 07:28
    There is always the serious matters to dwell upon. Like chess. 😀
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 07:33
    Originally posted by Badwater
    There is always the serious matters to dwell upon. Like chess. 😀
    263 and countin'. No time 4 raptors (with feathers or not)
    🙂
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 20:08
    Oh, the hell with it...
    let me wax apologetic...😛
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 20:21

Spring comes,
    that is enough.
    When your work is done and fame has been achieved, then retire into the background; for this is the Way of Heaven.

Lao-Tzu
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 04:409 edits

Spring comes,
    that is enough.
    Thanks Vistesd, and you are one of the few people on here who would actually attempt to challenge me without belittling my faith and/or me personally. I think this is key for a respectful dialogue and without it, you tend to simply turn a deaf ear to the other. It's just a refreshing change to not hear someone screaming, "Your God eats babies!!"

Although we have differed, I treasure the insight you have given me in religious thought in general as well as your kindness. I have to admit, however, that intellectually we are not equals. In fact, at times keeping up with you seemed like a full time job. However, if I could make money at it, I would gladly give my current job up to try and keep up with you on these boards if it is any concellation.

I do remember the whole divorce issue, but don't remember getting lambasted for defending you. I guess I have gotten lambasted over so many other things on these forums that it simply slipped my memory banks. Either that or forgetting such things is simply a coping mechanism of some kind. Otherwise I probably would have left much earlier than you. 😛

Edit: You know I wish I had someone on here to keep me straight like you have had in the past on these boards. God knows I could use someone!!!!

God bless....er....um....whatever that means from your perspective. You know what I mean! 😵

BTW: I don't view you as my adversary and never did.

In addition, if you could e-mail me with sermons for the ongoing competitions I would be much obliged. We won't call it cheating, rather, we will just say we are continuing to enrich those on these boards with your insight in a clandestine kind of way. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree