Religious knowledge test

Religious knowledge test

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 10

This is an online version of the religious knowledge test. There are 15 multiple choice questions. Once you finish you can compare your results with the general population and see the results of those who took the original version.

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/?q=1

I scored 14 out of 15 and am told that I am ranked in the top 1% of the population. Unfortunately this isn't really a good test for religious knowledge. The questions are too few and superficial. I was tempted to say that the writings of St Thomas Aquinas caused the reformation, rather than Martin Luther. But I digress.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by Conrau K
This is an online version of the religious knowledge test. There are 15 multiple choice questions. Once you finish you can compare your results with the general population and see the results of those who took the original version.

I scored 14 out of 15 and am told that I am ranked in the ...[text shortened]... writings of St Thomas Aquinas caused the reformation, rather than Martin Luther. But I digress.
I scored 10/15...better than I expected to be honest. I suppose it's interesting that for my lack of diligent and comprehensive reading of such 'literature' I still tread the eastern slope of the bell curve. 😕

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Oct 10

You answered 15 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 100%.

This is what the score I received to easy.

Manny

L

Moves
01 Oct 10

14/15.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

Try this test:

1) At Genesis 1:26 who was God talking to?

2) How many creative days were there?

3) What was Noah's wifes name?

4) Which son of Noah was cursed?

5) How was Jesus baptized?

6) According to Luke 22:14-20 what did Jesus command us to do?

7) How often?

8) At Luke 11:2 who's name is to be sanctified?

9) Is the word "Rapture" in the Bible?

10) Was Jesus ever in Hell?

11) What description did Lazarus give of heaven while he was dead before Jesus resurrected him?

12) What was the gift of speaking in tongues that some had in the early congregations?

13) Is it still a gift today?

14) According to 1 John 5:19 who is the world under control of at this time?

15) What is the Lake of Fire that Satan will be thrown into at Rev 20:10?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 10

15 out of 15😏

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Oct 10

I scored 14 out of 15 and am told that I am ranked in the ...[text shortened]... writings of St Thomas Aquinas caused the reformation, rather than Martin Luther. But I digress.
Why does a person consider the christian doctrine, which is what that test is all about, the standard of all religions referencing.

Christian doctrine was fabricated only nearly 2000 yrs ago, and the teachings of Jesus were raped by the compilers of the Bible for their own purposes, so why does almost everyone consider those teachings the "all and all" of religious thought?

Its clearly not.

w

Moves
01 Oct 10

I got 20 out of 15 right. 😀

w

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Why does a person consider the christian doctrine, which is what that test is all about, the standard of all religions referencing.

Christian doctrine was fabricated only nearly 2000 yrs ago, and the teachings of Jesus were raped by the compilers of the Bible for their own purposes, so why does almost everyone consider those teachings the "all and all" of religious thought?

Its clearly not.
Now hold on there, you make it sound as if fabricating doctrine is a bad thing. After all, if you didn't think it was fabricated what would you have to do with your time? Hmmm?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu

Its clearly not.
Well, I counted six questions which were specifically concerned with non-Christian religions. Only a few were actually related to doctrine (such as the Catholic teaching on transubstantiation) and a few were simply general knowledge (the main religion of Pakistan.) It is also hard to see how knowing that Joseph Smith founded the LDS constitutes religious knowledge. Anyway, I don't think that this test at all suggests Christian doctrine as the reference for all religions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Try this test:

7) How often?

9) Is the word "R ...[text shortened]... f at this time?

Hello..is this mic on?

T

Moves
01 Oct 10

13/15 Would've been 14/15 if I hadn't had a couple of glasses of red and careless, (but not driving). Tip: Always play chess with me in that state. (me, not you, but then...?)

Cheers.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Oct 10

Well, I counted six questions which were specifically concerned with non-Christian religions. Only a few were actually related to doctrine (such as the Catholic teaching on transubstantiation) and a few were simply general knowledge (the main religion of Pakistan.) It is also hard to see how knowing that Joseph Smith founded the LDS constitutes religious kn ...[text shortened]... n't think that this test at all suggests Christian doctrine as the reference for all religions.
My mistake then, I only looked at the first two pages, but my point still stands.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Try this test:

7) How often?

9) Is the word "R f at this time?

For the online test, I got 9 out of 15.

As for this one, these are the ones I have answers for, although I don't know if they are correct.

Erm....Adam?

6 (the seventh was a day of rest)

Naamah

9) Is the word "Rapture" in the Bible?

No?

10) Was Jesus ever in Hell?

Yes?

12) What was the gift of speaking in tongues that some had in the early congregations?

Some kind of spiritual language

Depends if you believe it is or not

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by lausey
For the online test, I got 9 out of 15.

As for this one, these are the ones I have answers for, although I don't know if they are correct.

[hidden]Erm....Adam?[/hidden]

[hidden]6 (the seventh was a day of rest)[/hidden]

[hidd ...[text shortened]... n]

[hidden]Depends if you believe it is or not[/hidden]
Out of these it looks like you got 3 correct. Thanks....