1. Not Kansas
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 16:06
    The hour is near!

Remember Matthew 8 where it is written that a herd of pigs were compelled to commit suicide?

Consider this:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/turkey_sheep_suicide
    It's the same, only with sheep !!

If this isn't a sign then what is? I give us until Thursday to get ready. If we are still here Thursday though, I aint gonna believe what these xtians say no more no how.

Looks like after we are gone, we will be remembered:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20050708/sc_space/nobirdbrainparrotgraspsconceptofzero
    Parrots learning math and prarie dog language.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 16:43
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    The hour is near!

Remember Matthew 8 where it is written that a herd of pigs were compelled to commit suicide?

Consider this:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/turkey_sheep_suicide
    It's the same, only with sheep !!

If this isn't a sign then what is? I give us until Thursday to get ready. If we are still here Thursday though, I aint g ...[text shortened]... 08/sc_space/nobirdbrainparrotgraspsconceptofzero
    Parrots learning math and prarie dog language.
    We own goats, and Alpine and a Saanen. These are known as very intelligent animals. When we were researching goats, we came upon a site that described the difference between goats and sheep this way: A sheep will wander accidentally through an open gate, then stand outside and bawl because it can’t figure out how to get back in again. A goat (at least of the smarter varieties) will pick the lock, sneak out, and slip back in again before you know it was gone. One of our neighbors had a herd of pygmy goats who did just that every day; they’d come down to our place and wander around for awhile, but always head home before our neighbor got home from work (traveling through the woods, so no one saw them going to and fro).

One of our goats figured out how to sneak out of the fence (they have about 3 acres “free range,” with access to the barn); but he would always go to some place where he was blocked from our view first, so we couldn’t see how he did it. We’d watch him sneak behind a tree or the barn or some brush, and when he was in view again he’d be outside the fence. (Have replaced all our fencing since.) I have heard of sheep who eat their way into the corner of the fence, and don’t know how to get out of the corner.

Sheep are also followers. The first sheep over the cliff may have been the bellwether, and the rest just followed.

Thursday huh? Well, I’m free Thursday. Let’s see, this is Tuesday… Maybe I should get all the grass mowed so we leave the place nice and tidy…
  3. Not Kansas
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 17:061 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    We own goats, and Alpine and a Saanen. These are known as very intelligent animals. When we were researching goats, we came upon a site that described the difference between goats and sheep this way: A sheep will wander accidentally thro ...[text shortened]... uld get all the grass mowed so we leave the place nice and tidy…
    I've heard that goats are very intelligent; seems other animals may have more brains than we give them credit for as well. Not sheep though ...

I cut my grass yesterday and it was pure Zen: me, the mower, the grass, the air all melding together in an isothermal mass of 98.6F. It was a two glasses of water job ...
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 20:20
    I've heard that goats are very intelligent; seems other animals may have more brains than we give them credit for as well. Not sheep though ...

I cut my grass yesterday and it was pure Zen: me, the mower, the grass, the air all melding together in an isothermal mass of 98.6F. It was a two glasses of water job ...
    Following your lead, am now sitting here melded into an isothermic mass...😛
  5. Not Kansas
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:04
    Last day to repent ...
  6. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:22
    Last day to repent ...
    But I've never "pent" in the first place , so how can I re-pent (pent again)?
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:27
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    But I've never "pent" in the first place , so how can I re-pent (pent again)?
    Keep da pent in da house ...
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jul '05 22:451 edit
    Last day to repent ...
    I'm posting this from Thursday. The world hasn't ended. The rapture hasn't arrived.
    The winning lottery numbers are:

7, 16, 35, 21, 1A, D3, &@

EDIT: Hmmm I think some of that got garbled in the transfer to the past. Oh well.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 05:23
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I'm posting this from Thursday. The world hasn't ended. The rapture hasn't arrived.
    The winning lottery numbers are:

7, 16, 35, 21, 1A, D3, &@

EDIT: Hmmm I think some of that got garbled in the transfer to the past. Oh well.
    Obviously "Thursday" was not meant in the calendar sense, but rather in the spiritual sense. It's Spiritual Thursday, meaning whatever the hell day Christ returns if he ever does. Can't go wrong with prophecy.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 05:53
    Originally posted by telerion
    Obviously "Thursday" was not meant in the calendar sense, but rather in the spiritual sense. It's Spiritual Thursday, meaning whatever the hell day Christ returns if he ever does. Can't go wrong with prophecy.
    Apparently, the Thursday came and went, and wait! It’s coming again! Is this the transmigration of souls? Or Nietzsche’s eternal recurrence? Am I going to become Bill Murray in “Groundhog Day?”
  11. Not Kansas
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 14:09
    Hmmm How dare it rain today on my parade?

Saturday for sure!

😳
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 18:04
    Hmmm How dare it rain today on my parade?

Saturday for sure!

😳
    Have just spent the last 2 hours on these threads. I am caught in the eternal recurrence! No, my friend, I realize now that "Saturday" will never come for me!

(muttering to himself: "there is no boat, there is no river...."😉
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 18:23
    Originally posted by vistesd
    We own goats, and Alpine and a Saanen. These are known as very intelligent animals. When we were researching goats, we came upon a site that described the difference between goats and sheep this way: A sheep will wander accidentally through an open gate, then stand outside and bawl because it can’t figure out how to get back in again. A goat (at least o ...[text shortened]... this is Tuesday… Maybe I should get all the grass mowed so we leave the place nice and tidy…
    OK, when I read about the "sheep and goats" it has always been my assumption that the sheep were the "good guys." Maybe this is not the case.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 18:29
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    OK, when I read about the "sheep and goats" it has always been my assumption that the sheep were the "good guys." Maybe this is not the case.

You'd better by a penthouse, Kirk .....
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 18:30
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

You'd better by a penthouse, Kirk .....
    How so. Please explain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree