1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 18:05
    Resurrection of Jesus Christ

The Shroud of Turin is a snapshot of the resurrection of Christ.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/is-there-scientific-evidence-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus-christ-72677/
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 18:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds

http://www.christianpost.com/news/is-there-scientific-evidence-for-the-resurrection-of-jesus-christ-72677/
    Photoshopped?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 19:33

I read the books. Good science on the shroud. As I recall, all the scientists that examined the shroud were converted.

Even so, I wouldn't put my faith in it. If you know what I mean.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 19:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    I read the books. Good science on the shroud. As I recall, all the scientists that examined the shroud were converted.

So you claim that the science done of the shroud converted every scientist? Converted them to what?

And if the scientific evidence is so compelling why aren't you converted, into whatever it is these scientists were converted into?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 22:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you claim that the science done of the shroud converted every scientist? Converted them to what?

And if the scientific evidence is so compelling why aren't you converted, into whatever it is these scientists were converted into?
    They were converted to believing the Shroud of Turin was the real burial shroud of Jesus and not a fake as they originally believed.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 23:02

We should only put our faith in the real Jesus and not in a supernatural photo of Jesus.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 06:12
    RJHinds is right,
    Put faith in Jesus Himself. We can leave out what may or may not be a shroud.

Cold weather is coming and maybe snow possibly. How is weather for everyone else? I hope you all have a good coming few days. Who will be the coldest? 🙂

I <may> not post for a few days. However, I do want to say that even if love is one way to fulfill the Law of God. That is only part of the Law of God. There are many things to do in the Law of God, one of which is to offer a trespass offering. Because God wanted a way for Israel, I guess, who sin without knowing they sinned, to have an offering to cover the sin. It might be in Leviticus 5.

Loving God as the Law of God says is impossible for a human being to do without sinning unless God works a miracle every time possible sinning comes up. However, unlike what ThinkOfOne <might> think, we can sin while knowing and while not knowing. Don't think that the 10 commandments are all of the Law of God. Read in the Old Testament about every law that Israel was to keep.

The Gospel, or "Good News" is that the Lord Jesus is now the High Priest for everyone. No more priests of the Levites are needed to offer for Israel or the Gentiles. Christ offered His blood for our sins. His blood was accepted by God for our sins. Now, no more sacrificing for sins is needed. Christ's blood is the final sacrifice needed for sins.

King James Version
    ========================
    Hebrews 4: 14-16
    Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 7: 27
    Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 9: 12
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 10: 10
    By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 2: 3
    How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 02:241 edit
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RJHinds is right,
    Put faith in Jesus Himself. We can leave out what may or may not be a shroud.

Cold weather is coming and maybe snow possibly. How is weather for everyone else? I hope you all have a good coming few days. Who will be the coldest? 🙂

I <may> not post for a few days. However, I do want to say that even if love is one way to fu ...[text shortened]... h at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
    The Shroud of Turin is a snap-shot left for the unbelieveing as proof that they had no excuse for not believing and not putting their faith in Jesus for the resurrection of the body. It is more evidence to convict them of their guilt, as does the Ten Commandments.

The Ice storm provided me with many hours without electrically power that resulted in a miserable time of freezing in this cold coming down from the North country.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 02:43
    The Shroud of Turin is a snap-shot left for the unbelieveing as proof that they had no excuse for not believing and not putting their faith in Jesus for the resurrection of the body. It is more evidence to convict them of their guilt, as does the Ten Commandments.

The Ice storm provided me with many hours without electrically power that resulted in a miserable time of freezing in this cold coming down from the North country.
    I think the cold we've been having this winter came down from outer space!

What I found most intriguing about the image on the shroud is that there is no scientific explanation as to how it got there. Scientifically speaking, it is humanly impossible for it to be a forgery.

The scientists who conducted the tests on the shroud gave it their best guess saying that it came about by an intensely powerful surge of energy for a very brief moment.

I dare any atheist to read the books. Especially is you're a scientist. At the time the books were published I don't recall the scientific community rebuffing the findings of the scientists that tested the shroud. But I could be wrong.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 06:27
    I think the cold we've been having this winter came down from outer space!

What I found most intriguing about the image on the shroud is that there is no scientific explanation as to how it got there. Scientifically speaking, it is humanly impossible for it to be a forgery.

The scientists who conducted the tests on the shroud gave it their best guess s ...[text shortened]... community rebuffing the findings of the scientists that tested the shroud. But I could be wrong.
    Just like any thing that men of science can't explain today, they devise a guess, an hypothesis, and a theory in hopes that it can be explained in the future. Many people will say the theory is fact and it has been explained. That is the nature of sinful man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree