1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 14:43
    [youtube]rwKkkupUgEI[/yutube]

Secular morality is robust. To be fair I think many christians know this. But here's a caller who doesn't.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 15:34
    Originally posted by @apathist

Secular morality is robust. To be fair I think many christians know this. But here's a caller who doesn't.
    Fascinating.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 15:35

]rwKkkupUgEI

Moral values are written on the human heart. Even though we live in a fallen world people can still do good even though we fall short every day.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 00:501 edit
    YouTube

Fixed the tag.

I like the approach of finding a subjective claim about the nature of morality that christians could agree with, and then based on that agreement, claims about situational morality can then be considered objective.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 02:30
    [youtube]rwKkkupUgEI[/youtube]

Fixed the tag.

I like the approach of finding a subjective claim about the nature of morality that christians could agree with, and then based on that agreement, claims about situational morality can then be considered objective.
    The head-down-ears-back droning caller reminds me of Fetchmyjunk/dj2becker
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 07:08
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Moral values are written on the human heart.
    So we don't need moral instruction from the gods. On the contrary, we pass judgement on them. We decide right from wrong. You do this in your next sentence.

Reveal Hidden Content
    (Meanwhile, according to the book you must refer to when you answer my next question, your god killed all the babies in the world in a fit of anger. (Except for the baby fish.) And his anger was because his omniscient omnipotent omnibenevolent self didn't like his own work!)

Even though we live in a fallen world people can still do good even though we fall short every day.
    No one is perfect, of course. But what reason to think the world has 'fallen'?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 07:141 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The head-down-ears-back droning caller reminds me of Fetchmyjunk/dj2becker
    I went and had a listen after initially dismissing the link.
    Quite an amusing and accurate parallel.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 00:21
    It is amusing and accurate, if you like to see christians displaying their ignorance and lack of reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree