1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It's not to trip him up but to expose his reasoning on this matter. He has constantly refused and ignored very simple questions I have asked him over the months about who or to be exact what the holy spirit is.

The simplist of questions he has ignored and that only points to his lack of knowledge as to what his force is that God has and uses. He jus ...[text shortened]... ished. So now why is God which you say Jesus and the Holy Spirit are, back here on earth again?
    Over those months that I have discussed the matter of the triune God, I have
    told you that the Holy Spirit is God in the same manner tha Father and the Son
    is God. All three persons are truly equal in nature, however in our attempt to
    explain Him, the Holy Spirit is designated as the 3rd person in the triune God.
    The Father is called the first person and the Son is called the second person.
    Since God is an invisible spirit, He is only known by His characteristics not by
    eyesight. It is the Son of God, who came in the flesh, that has made God known
    through the characteristics he demonstrated while on the Earth in physical
    form. The Holy Spirit has the same characteristics as the Father and the Son,
    but since He has not limited Himself by the confines of a human body, He can
    be anywhere in the world at the same time. So to ask which country He is in
    is a stupid question. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 19:45
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I know this is off-thread, but what exactly is the trinity vs non-trinity thoughts. I have a sense of the discussion (or disagreement) but only superficially.
    Start (yet another) thread on this if are really interested - I'm sure you're not really.

The Trins basically believe in three people in one God. They don't like the use of "people"and prefer "persons" as "people" is too closely related (semantically) to pantheism and paganism for comfort. God states many times in the OT that he is one. However trinitarians insist he is three -- in one. Mathematically this means thirds; scripturally it means nothing.

The Jehovos believe all manner of strange stuff, but it doesn't really come into the equation because what they believe actually means they are not Christians. They are "Jehovah's Witnesses" who believe that Jesus was actually an angel and indeed the spirit "Abaddon". They like to associate with the term "Christian" as it gives them the mainstream feel that their doctrines deny them.

God is one.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Start (yet another) thread on this if are really interested - I'm sure you're not really.

The Trins basically believe in three people in one God. They don't like the use of "people"and prefer "persons" as "people" is too closely related (semantically) to pantheism and paganism for comfort. God states many times in the OT that he is one. However tri ...[text shortened]... t gives them the mainstream feel that their doctrines deny them.

God is one.
    So we are born into sin, Jesus was from a virgin birth, he died for our sins and came back three days later to ascend into heaven, and you think JW's are weird?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So we are born into sin, Jesus was from a virgin birth, he died for our sins and came back three days later to ascend into heaven, and you think JW's are weird?
    No I think they are wrong; I think you are weird.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 04:08

The Trins basically believe in three people in one God. They don't like the use of "people"and prefer "persons" as "people" is too closely related (semantically) to pantheism and paganism for comfort. God states many times in the OT that he is one. However tri ...[text shortened]... t gives them the mainstream feel that their doctrines deny them.

God is one.
    The Father and the Holy Spirit are not people for they have no human body
    like the Sod of God. The only way the Father and the Holy Spirt can be
    described in our language is that of spirit persons in the one nature that is God.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 07:432 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    he only way the Father and the Holy Spirt can be described in our language is that of spirit persons in the one nature that is God.
    Rubbish.

If you ever stop your blithering long enough to cast a cursory glance over the descriptions of God in the OT, count up how many times he is described as being ONE and then get back to me.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 02:35
    Rubbish.

If you ever stop your blithering long enough to cast a cursory glance over the descriptions of God in the OT, count up how many times he is described as being [b]ONE
    and then get back to me.[/b]
    I made no statement to deny God is not ONE. And neither did Christ when He proclaimed
    I and my Father are ONE. Peter is not saying God is not One when he equates lying to
    the Holy Spirit as the same as Lying to God.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit
    and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it
    not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you
    conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

(Acts 5:3-4 NKJV)

I understand clearly that the Old Testament speaks of God as One, but we must also
    reconcile His Oneness with they fact that He also speaks of Himself in a plural way
    in the first chapter of Genesis.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them
    have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the
    cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
    So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and
    female He created them.

(Genesis 1:26-27 NKJV)

Then there is the following clue from Isaiah where God is referred to as Holy, Holy, Holy:

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted
    up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
    The whole earth is full of His glory!”

(Isaiah 6:1-2 NKJV)

The prophet Isaiah writes many things referring to the Messiah to come that seem to be
    fulfilled by the one we call the Christ. Even Christ himself claims a passage that He reads aloud in the synagogue from the book of Isaiah is being fulfilled.
    (Luke 4:16-21)

Then if Christ is the child in the following prophecy he is to be called Mighty God.

...In Galilee of the Gentiles.
    The people who walked in darkness
    Have seen a great light;
    Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death,
    Upon them a light has shined...

For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    Of the increase of His government and peace
    There will be no end,
    Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
    To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
    From that time forward, even forever.
    The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

(Isaiah 9:1-2, 6-7 NKJV)

When you also compare the many statement made in the New Testament it could very well
    indicate God is a complex ONE.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:31
    I made no statement to deny God is not ONE. And neither did Christ when He proclaimed
    I and my Father are ONE. Peter is not saying God is not One when he equates lying to
    the Holy Spirit as the same as Lying to God.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit
    and keep back part of the price of the land for yours ...[text shortened]... the many statement made in the New Testament it could very well
    indicate God is a complex ONE.
    What part of this copy/paste dump actually answers my question to you in my previous post?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:35
    What part of this copy/paste dump actually answers my question to you in my previous post?
    I'll let you figure it out for I must go to sleep. 😴
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:35
    I made no statement to deny God is not ONE.
    I'm sorry, you are not a trinitarian then...?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:382 edits
    I'll let you figure it out for I must go to sleep. 😴
    Another of your frequent cop outs when you are challenged.

Throw a red-herring or go to bed, go immediately to bed, do not pass comment, do not collect any credibility points

you can throw a double bluff or pick up a get out of bed FREE card.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree