1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 01:57
    I'm going to try something a little different with my evaluation of this round. Seeing that no one really followed the rules, I thought I would depart from the standard. Everyone was either late, had no passage or just gave a half hearted attempt at the sermon about RHP to RHP.

What did I learn? I learned that as a community (based on this round of sermons) RHP membership struggles with following the "rules." I was looking for some themes of RHP. Things like community, struggles, anger, perhaps diversity. These would hve been excellent themes to focus on. No one really named the community of RHP in their sermon, much less a pervasive issue that defines our community around what we might experience in the forums. It was an interesting experiment which perhaps shows how hard it is to preach to and about a specific congregation.

I think the struggle is how to hold people in the relationship when naming the truth of an issue. Perhaps how to challenge in the face of adversity. OK, I won't award any points in this round. I will look forward to Sister Mimor naming the final round.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 02:30
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm going to try something a little different with my evaluation of this round. Seeing that no one really followed the rules, I thought I would depart from the standard. Everyone was either late, had no passage or just gave a half hearted attempt at the sermon about RHP to RHP.

What did I learn? I learned that as a community (based on this round of ...[text shortened]... award any points in this round. I will look forward to Sister Mimor naming the final round.
    I suspect the true problem is that two of the judges need to be replaced.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 03:00
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I suspect the true problem is that two of the judges need to be replaced.
    Are you suggesting we need a separate thread to evaluate the judges?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 04:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957

What did I learn? I learned that as a community (based on this round of ...[text shortened]... award any points in this round. I will look forward to Sister Mimor naming the final round.
    I gotta say, I struggled with this topic. I entered it only at the encouragement from one of the judges, otherwise I would not have done so. Of course my first entry was just for kicks. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree