rules for debate

rules for debate

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Mar 05

1. discuss your notions of spirituality
2. do not quote or refer to any texts

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Mar 05

When I breath in the smoke from my pipe, and then exhale it, it dissipates. This dissipation reminds me of my mortality, while the smoke invigorates ruminations upon the connectedness of all life.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Mar 05

tick...tick...tick

as the smoke dissipates, mirrors are erected in the bible quote threads, and no one contributes to a discussion of spirtuality.

sigh

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
31 Mar 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
When I breath in the smoke from my pipe, and then exhale it, it dissipates. This dissipation reminds me of my mortality, while the smoke invigorates ruminations upon the connectedness of all life.
When I think of your smoke's dissipating, I recognize that, while the smoke may appear
to be gone, it has simply become integrated with the rest of the air. This reminds me
of the interconnectedness we all have with the past and the future.

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
01 Apr 05
1 edit

Spirituality for me is the quiet, private stuff about my daily life that most people don't know about....

a candle that is lit in my home when I am there and awake that symbolizes the light of God to me...

the quick quiet prayers i say throughout my day as things happen

being aware of the beauty around me, the mountains, sea and sky

remembering to be grateful for all the big and small gifts in my world

wanting to be more like my dog who is fully present and in the moment

that quietness inside me, when the words and ideas stop swirling and I am serene and sufficent

S

Moves
01 Apr 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
When I think of your smoke's dissipating, I recognize that, while the smoke may appear
to be gone, it has simply become integrated with the rest of the air. This reminds me
of the interconnectedness we all have with the past and the future.
As I consider your interconnectedness with the past and future, I mull over the interconnectedness of physical history. The possibility that we all share atoms and molecules which were possibly once found in other living human beings, a star, dinosaur etc. I love the idea that we could all have been parts of each other at different points in the past and that I could be part Giant prehistoric Dragonfly 🙂

x

NY

Moves
01 Apr 05

i was a part of a giant prehistoric frog that ate you....

_
^\_ | |
o <------- o<OOOO--
--/ |_ |

^ ^
| |
| |
froggy Fly

no one ever said I was artistic...lol

x

NY

Moves
01 Apr 05

WOW!! that looked better befor i posted it.. it doesnt even look like any thing now.. damn...

x

NY

Moves
01 Apr 05

THAT MAKES ME MAD.....

:'(

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
01 Apr 05

Originally posted by Starrman
As I consider your interconnectedness with the past and future, I mull over the interconnectedness of physical history. The possibility that we all share atoms and molecules which were possibly once found in other living human beings, a star, dinosaur etc. I love the idea that we could all have been parts of each other at different points in the past and that I could be part Giant prehistoric Dragonfly 🙂
It has been said that every breath we take contains some of the atoms that were in the dying breath of JC (Jesus Christ / Julius Caeser - take your pick!)

w
Stay outta my biznez

Moves
01 Apr 05

I don't believe in smoke.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Apr 05

Originally posted by wib
I don't believe in smoke.
Don't your read these threads? They are nearly all smoke.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
01 Apr 05

Don't your read these threads? They are nearly all smoke.
Don't forget the mirrors.