1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 04:18
    If you were a boxer, when you climb into the ring, do you go the distance till either you or your opponent goes down for the count?

Or would you swap a few jabs and then walk away?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 11:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    If you were a boxer, when you climb into the ring, do you go the distance till either you or your opponent goes down for the count?

Certain threads bore me after a while. I find it difficult to maintain an interest in them indefinitely. What are you referring to specifically?
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 12:06

I would say its more, steps into the ring, swings wildly without hitting anything and then runs away.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 12:26
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I would say its more, steps into the ring, swings wildly without hitting anything and then runs away.
    😴
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 13:327 edits
    [quote]If you were a boxer, when you climb into the ring, do you go the distance till either you or your opponent goes down for the count? [/unquote]

is this a good image of debating?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 13:34
    Good to see you posting Melanerpes! You are missed, by me at least.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 13:36
    don't know how often I'll be posting -- we'll see how it goes
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 18:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Certain threads bore me after a while. I find it difficult to maintain an interest in them indefinitely. What are you referring to specifically?
    I understand that. It gets boring quickly, especially when nothing new is being said.

My reason for calling you out is a selfish one. You are not boring. You pose interesting ideas that I would like to get to the bottom of, but it seems that each time I begin to engage you drop off. It's like you're hiding. I know it sounds ridiculous, but if I were to rate the posters in this forum from boring to interesting, you would come out as one of the few who generate interesting new thoughts and ideas.

I'm here to learn. Honestly, I don't believe I could debate you with much success, but that wouldn't be the objective. I think you perceive things deeply. I would be interested in knowing just what it is you know, and why. It seems as though you are holding back. Probably because you see the obvious outcome in advance, so it appears to me, you then withdraw, and just when it was beginning to get interesting for me.

Perhaps I am being unfair. Maybe my perceptions are wrong. After all we only know each other from here. But I'm not the same poster I was six years ago when I first fell into this place. I have the same faith, but it has deepened due to the help of all of you, whether wittingly or not.

I'm not asking you to do anything special. I apologize for causing anyone any embarrassment.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 18:26
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    [quote]If you were a boxer, when you climb into the ring, do you go the distance till either you or your opponent goes down for the count? [/unquote]

is this a good image of debating?
    Not meant to be. I used the analogy only because I knew rwingett would know what I was talking about.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 18:31
    I understand that. It gets boring quickly, especially when nothing new is being said.

My reason for calling you out is a selfish one. You are not boring. You pose interesting ideas that I would like to get to the bottom of, but it seems that each time I begin to engage you drop off. It's like you're hiding. I know it sounds ridiculous, but if I were to ra ...[text shortened]... not asking you to do anything special. I apologize for causing anyone any embarrassment.
    Well, I thank you for your comments, josephw. It's nice to know that somebody has gotten something useful out of my posts.

Is there a specific thread that you want me to revisit?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 18:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Well, I thank you for your comments, josephw. It's nice to know that somebody has gotten something useful out of my posts.

Is there a specific thread that you want me to revisit?
    Not really anything specific at this time. But maybe the next time I catch you saying something somewhere I'll try to provoke your interest. 😉

Be well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree