1. Maryland
    Moves
    16 May '18 17:10
    Does god (him or herself) perform scatological functions?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 19:00
    Originally posted by @667joe
    God is a Spirit and so I believe the answer is “No.”
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 May '18 20:47
    Yes sir. He grew displeased with this forum and shat Romans1009 all over it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 20:512 edits
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Yes sir. He grew displeased with this forum and shat Romans1009 all over it.
    Wow. So witty, LittleMutt. Did you hear that in your kindergarten class while you were eating glue?

Edit: Advanced mind? LOL! Good one!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 22:50
    The dignification of this elementary school like thread is not to be desired for me.

However, when God became a MAN in incarnation, as a typical MAN (yet without sin) He lived as all MEN typically do, including the normal use of the digestive system.

The Word was God and the Word became flesh. (John 1:1,14)
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    16 May '18 23:17
    So god does not have a functioning GI tract, but Jesus did (does)? Something is not adding up!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 00:12
    So god does not have a functioning GI tract, but Jesus did (does)? Something is not adding up!
    God is a Spirit. When God took on flesh in the form of s man (Jesus Christ,) He was fully man as well as fully God.

Thus, God, prior to Jesus Christ’s earthly birth, was a Spirit. Jesus Christ was fully man and had a functioning GI tract. That’s my best guess.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    17 May '18 00:43
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    God is a Spirit. When God took on flesh in the form of s man (Jesus Christ,) He was fully man as well as fully God.

Thus, God, prior to Jesus Christ’s earthly birth, was a Spirit. Jesus Christ was fully man and had a functioning GI tract. That’s my best guess.
    I notice you said Jesus "was". Does this mean there is no Jesus now? Or, if there is a Jesus now, what is the status of his GI tract? I am just trying to understand.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 May '18 01:14
    I notice you said Jesus "was". Does this mean there is no Jesus now? Or, if there is a Jesus now, what is the status of his GI tract? I am just trying to understand.
    Thread 176483
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 01:52
    Whether Jesus retained His status of fully God and fully man after His Resurrection and ascension to heaven - and whether He retains it today - is an interesting question.

God the Father remains a Spirit. The Holy Spirit likewise. Jesus? I suspect He is still fully God and fully man.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 01:54
    If Jesus remains fully God and fully man today, He is in a glorified body - as believers will be on the new heaven and new earth. I suspect bodily functions that you’re thinking of are not part of glorified bodies.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 May '18 06:56
    Now Christ has a glorified body which is not subject to tiredness, sleep, death, or things related to fallen man.

"The body of His glory" is a transfigured state entirely different from that of His life during the thirty three and one half years walking the earth.

The saved will receive also this resurrected and transfigured glorified body.

" For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able to subject all things to Himself." (Phil 3:20,21)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree