1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 14:29
    Originally posted by moonbus
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=58309.0#.VNi8NU05Cmw

Dedicated flat earthers have elaborate explanations for everything, including why ships appear to disappear when they sail away from the viewer, photographs of the earth from space, and time zones.

They have especial trouble explaini ...[text shortened]... or a laugh to read their web site and their forum posts. de ja vu some of the posts here at SF !
    what about the part where we can see the whole Earth from space, as in the famous picture of the Earth taken from the moon? You can see it rotate and such.
  2. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 14:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Not to be picky but how do you account for the fact that people on boats lose sight of each other after maybe 10 miles?
    poor eye sight
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    poor eye sight
    Same effect takes place if you use a telescope. It's a line of sight thing. Besides, that defense was already claimed🙂
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 16:491 edit
    what about the part where we can see the whole Earth from space, as in the famous picture of the Earth taken from the moon? You can see it rotate and such.
    I think all that astronaut stuff is a hoax. There are a few people who claim to have gone to space. Do you believe them? I don't.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I think all that astronaut stuff is a hoax. There are a few people who claim to have gone to space. Do you believe them? I don't.
    Ah, devil's advocate. Ok. More than a few. A dozen people walked on the moon. And they have been regularly rotating ISS crews. You can see some of the zero gravity experiments that show a length of time much greater than you can ever achieve with the vomit comet. Like the water wringing rag experiment done recently by that Canadian astronaut, Chris Hatfield.

YouTube

If you haven't seen it, watch it, very entertaining. For instance, try having an unsupported microphone floating in front of you. But watch the water wringing experiment.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 22:16
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The whistle-blowers were dealt with and "accident" cover-stories invented.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 22:30
    What is really weird is there still is a flat earth society.

I would like to hear THEIR response as to why you can't see people or boats at eye level for more than a 6 miles where they disappear below the horizon.

Don't see how they can account for that fact in their fantasy world.
    Old Greyface does it. He can make you think anything. Reveal Hidden Content
    Fnord
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 22:31
    Nice drawing, but it looks like the water is all falling off the edge. Where is the replacement water coming from? Also, what does the turtle eat, drink or breathe for that matter? And what happens to the poop? More planets?
    The official (and yes, it is official!) answer is: "Arrangements are made."
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 22:34
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    The official (and yes, it is official!) answer is: "Arrangements are made."
    Great A'Tuin's been known to munch on the odd passing comet...

When the Auditors tried to wipe out the disc with one.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 05:01
    Ah, devil's advocate. Ok. More than a few. A dozen people walked on the moon. And they have been regularly rotating ISS crews. You can see some of the zero gravity experiments that show a length of time much greater than you can ever achieve with the vomit comet. Like the water wringing rag experiment done recently by that Canadian astronaut, Chris Hatfield ...[text shortened]... ing an unsupported microphone floating in front of you. But watch the water wringing experiment.
    Like a video proves anything. I've got videos of people getting beheaded with lightsabers and objects flying through the air through telekinesis. All that means is that we're really good at making videos that fake certain happenings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree