1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 07:38
    Originally posted by vistesd
    I am more and more inclined to think that the supernatural is invoked (with whatever language, whatever alternative terms) precisely to attempt to evade all possibility of testing and potential falsification (pace my longer-winded post above). You have pointed out the flaw in this before.
    Agreed. The word 'supernatural' is an attempt to keep science and not directly admit that you are contradicting it whilst simultaneously proposing a contradiction.
    The person invoking the supernatural is basically saying "yes, I agree that science is correct, and I am happy to rely on science for most things, but this particular thing is different, science does not apply".
    As I put in brackets in my original post, it comes from a misunderstanding of science. The scientific view is that when there is an exception to a rule, you incorporate those exceptions into the rules.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree