This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:06
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Did anybody see last night's episode of South Park? Ok, so Stan (I think it was Stan) joins Scientology. And they say forty times, "Tom Cruise STILL won't come out of the closet." Which was pretty damn funny.

But there's a point here that I have to ask you scientologists out there, or anybody with knowledge of the subject. There was a port ...[text shortened]... cavemen.

Is this scientology? It was too damn funny, but I think they were kind of serious.
    We had a scientologist here a while ago, but we gave him such a hard time that quit offering himself up as a target.

But yes, it's all true. It's a whole galactic space opera type of thing. The big villian is called Xenu. There was something about volcanoes and intergalactic genocide, or some such rot. Go to Wikipedia and check it out. They've got a good rundown on the whole shebang.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:27

4. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:39
    Ho-lee COW!!!!

The Evil Lord Xenu put billions of souls in spaceships that looked exactly like DC-8's except they had rocket motors, and stacked the aliens all around the volcano, then lowered H-bombs into the volcanos and set them off!

Dude, meeting someone who believed this would be the greatest thing ever. It would be like talking to ...[text shortened]...

All you Christian guys, I'm sorry. This stuff almost - almost - makes you look sane.
    This actually makes the FSM - Flying Spaghetti Monster - look plausible.

I had no idea Scientologists were complete wack jobs. I thought they were just greedy. But no, they're stupid too.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:42

6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:47
    Uh, dude, I thought South Park was kidding, but they were dead serious. The Evil Lord Xenu. Not kidding. He had control of 76 planets.

To be fair to them, you've got to be a Level III Super-Thetan or some bullshit like that before you find out about Xenu.
    Another great South Park was about the Mormans... I wish I didn't miss the show last night, it's where I get most of my history lessons these days.

P-
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:50
    Originally posted by rwingett
    We had a scientologist here a while ago, but we gave him such a hard time that quit offering himself up as a target.
    Someone should give that old thread a bump. It was a classic.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 20:52

9. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 21:14
    Uh, dude, I thought South Park was kidding, but they were dead serious. The Evil Lord Xenu. Not kidding. He had control of 76 planets.

To be fair to them, you've got to be a Level III Super-Thetan or some bullshit like that before you find out about Xenu.
    I just finished reading the rather large wikipedia entry. I had no idea about this either, but then I freely admit to not following religions of any kind very closely. Or at all really.

Amazing that anyone could buy that load of BS and actually follow it.
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 21:15
    in 1976 i was walking around and saw a church of scientology with a sign that said free evaluation test.i took the test and then an examiner went over it with me,at the time i was amazed by how insightfull the evaluation was.it seemed that the guy really knew what made me tick,the dude recomended several l ron hubbard books for me to buy and read.i kind of kicked it there and was reading some of the literature.i over heard 2 other examiners interview two or three other tests with other subjects.they said virtually the same basic generalised statements that i was told.then i realised it was a psychological trick.so i left with a smile and a broader knowlege of the world.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 21:18
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    in 1976 i was walking around and saw a church of scientology with a sign that said free evaluation test.i took the test and then an examiner went over it with me,at the time i was amazed by how insightfull the evaluation was.it seemed that the guy really knew what made me tick,the dude recomended several l ron hubbard books for me to buy and read.i kind ...[text shortened]... ealised it was a psychological trick.so i left with a smile and a broader knowlege of the world.
    Just like fortune tellers. Keep it so broad it could apply to anyone, coupled with leading questions, etc, etc.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 22:09
    Ho-lee COW!!!!

The Evil Lord Xenu put billions of souls in spaceships that looked exactly like DC-8's except they had rocket motors, and stacked the aliens all around the volcano, then lowered H-bombs into the volcanos and set them off!

Dude, meeting someone who believed this would be the greatest thing ever. It would be like talking to ...[text shortened]...

All you Christian guys, I'm sorry. This stuff almost - almost - makes you look sane.
    The tobacco shop I work at is right next to the giant Scientology center in Hollywood. They come in all the time. Their outfits are based on naval outfits because L. Ron Hubbard started a fleet of Scientology ships or something. They deny knowing anything about all that Xenu stuff and the alien stuff, but that could be either because they are too low in rank or because I am too low in rank.

They are a force for order in the neighborhood which is nice. Their security guys are around keeping an eye on things in our lower class druggie neighborhood and will respond to locals quickly while LAPD takes forever to show up when something happens.

They don't believe tobacco causes cancer. They say it can irritate engrams or something which then causes the cancer, but if you're free of the engrams that's not an issue. Proof? Well, if tobacco caused cancer, all smokers would get cancer! And we know that's not true...

Of course psychology is totally worthless and harmful in their opinion. I think the conspiracy theories say psychologists are Xenu's agents or something that are keeping us under control.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 22:16
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The tobacco shop I work at is right next to the giant Scientology center in Hollywood. They come in all the time. Their outfits are based on naval outfits because L. Ron Hubbard started a fleet of Scientology ships or something. They deny knowing anything about all that Xenu stuff and the alien stuff, but that could be either because they are too l ...[text shortened]... cy theories say psychologists are Xenu's agents or something that are keeping us under control.
    You work in a tobacco shop?
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 01:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You work in a tobacco shop?
    Yes, very part time. I work Mondays and occasionally an hour here or there.
  15. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 01:24
    Did anybody see last night's episode of South Park? Ok, so Stan (I think it was Stan) joins Scientology. And they say forty times, "Tom Cruise STILL won't come out of the closet." Which was pretty damn funny.

But there's a point here that I have to ask you scientologists out there, or anybody with knowledge of the subject. There was a port ...[text shortened]... cavemen.

Is this scientology? It was too damn funny, but I think they were kind of serious.
    I think I saw a movie on this one time with my cousins husband and I was kept saying how good a "MOVIE" it was and being a Christian he got more and more upset or angry?....as the movie unfolded.I was at university doing some studies partly on genetics and I seemed to grasp those concepts with a lot more ease.I thought it was a sci-fi comedy and when I found out it was an actual religion I knew....I was right!One of the more enjoyable movies I have seen....none the less.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree