1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 00:37
    As many of you may recall, one of the most exciting and stimulating threads in the spiritual forum was the sermon competition last year. Some have senet me messages asking for a repeat. I have a whole new set of judges and will be deliberating on how to evaluate and what themes to explore. Last year we had some really good entries. Stay tuned. If it is anything like last year, you won't have to get out of bed to hear a decent sermon on Sunday morning. What's not to love about that?
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 00:56
    There is nothing not to love about this!
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 14:16
    And boy, do I ever have a sermon ready and waiting for you!
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 21:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    And boy, do I ever have a sermon ready and waiting for you!
    Will you be like the Apostle Paul and preach it from jail?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jul '08 22:08
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Will you be like the Apostle Paul and preach it from jail?
    More like Larry Flint ... and preach from jail.
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 05:23
    If I offer any entries this round, it will be on the same basis as last time: with absolutely no consideration of the stated themes... Whatever I am moved to write, I will write. The judges should be forewarned (in advance even...).
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 05:57
    I'm ok with being given a theme, lay it on me.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 09:09
    Originally posted by vistesd
    If I offer any entries this round, it will be on the same basis as last time: with absolutely no consideration of the stated themes... Whatever I am moved to write, I will write. The judges should be forewarned (in advance even...).
    I can tell you are moving closer to pentecostalism every day.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 12:22
    As many of you may recall, one of the most exciting and stimulating threads in the spiritual forum was the sermon competition last year. Some have senet me messages asking for a repeat. I have a whole new set of judges and will be deliberating on how to evaluate and what themes to explore. Last year we had some really good entries. Stay tuned. If it is an ...[text shortened]... ve to get out of bed to hear a decent sermon on Sunday morning. What's not to love about that?
    At least it won't be like preaching to the choir.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 13:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    At least it won't be like preaching to the choir.
    You should preach on Jonah. Besides when did you ever preach to the choir?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 12:10
    As many of you may recall, one of the most exciting and stimulating threads in the spiritual forum was the sermon competition last year. Some have senet me messages asking for a repeat. I have a whole new set of judges and will be deliberating on how to evaluate and what themes to explore. Last year we had some really good entries. Stay tuned. If it is an ...[text shortened]... ve to get out of bed to hear a decent sermon on Sunday morning. What's not to love about that?
    rules? ;D
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    21 Jul '08 15:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    rules? ;D
    The rules are to 1)stay on topic, 2) Don't go over 5 minutes (imagine that), 3) you will be judged on how creative and convincing you are, and 4) being in integrity with the passage.

I think what we will do is let each judge choose their topic which may be a theme or a scripture passage. Each of the judges should now that each participant is entitled to represent their tradition. So if a participant is Muslim or a Buddhist or even an atheist, they are welcome to use their tradition. What we found in the last competition is tht an atheist was able to use a passage in the Bible to meet his goals.

Stay tuned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree