1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 17:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm still trying to track down Bbarr for the final evaluation. I am hopeful that he has not gone off on one of his "sabbaticals." He may have been raptured or gone off to the mountain top to pray over the entries. It may even be that he found Jesus in one of them, but I can't say.
    So what happens now, assuming that Bbarr has shirked his duties? What was the point of all this? Will a winner be declared? Dr.S, despite his many failings, at least gave his review a point value so we would clearly see how we stand in the judging. The rest are just a series of nebulous appraisals, like 'good', or 'well done', or some less flattering ones.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 18:09
    Originally posted by rwingett
    So what happens now, assuming that Bbarr has shirked his duties? What was the point of all this? Will a winner be declared? Dr.S, despite his many failings, at least gave his review a point value so we would clearly see how we stand in the judging. The rest are just a series of nebulous appraisals, like 'good', or 'well done', or some less flattering ones.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 23:021 edit
    How dare you critique the judges. How ironic that your egalitarian sermon was something that finds no expression in your soul. If you truly believed all you preached about, you would be satisfied with constructive feedback that was "all shared in common." Admit it, you are really a closet capitalist who longs to surpass the lowly peasants and their minimal standards of existence.

Surely those early Christians you talked about in Acts would have also voiced concern about Bbarr. They might have wondered if he had a death in his family. They might have wondered if he were sick. You immediately jump to his "shirking his duties." Where's the charity in that kind of attitude?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 00:43
    How dare you critique the judges. How ironic that your egalitarian sermon was something that finds no expression in your soul. If you truly believed all you preached about, you would be satisfied with constructive feedback that was "all shared in common." Admit it, you are really a closet capitalist who longs to surpass the lowly peasants and their mi ...[text shortened]... ediately jump to his "shirking his duties." Where's the charity in that kind of attitude?
    The question is a legitimate one. IF Bbarr does not fulfill his duties, will there be any more to the competition, or is that the end of it?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 00:54
    The question is a legitimate one.[b] IF Bbarr does not fulfill his duties, will there be any more to the competition, or is that the end of it?[/b]
    Let us assume the worst has happened to him. He has died. The result of the first round without his input is currently split three ways. We still have three judges who have agreed to continue. Bbarr was scheduled to choose the topic for the next round. However, the other two judges are prepared to name a topic, verse, etc for the next round.

What do you suppose would happen if say Paula Abdul had a nervous breakdown during American Idol and only Simon and Randy were left to judge? What should Simon do?

a) Tell the crazy bitch to get her act together.
    b) Tell Randy his opinion doesn't matter as he is the reason Idol exists.
    c) Let the competitors tell him who won.
    d) Just think about all the money he is making the old fashioned capitalist way.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 00:57
    We still have several days before the next Sabbath. I propose we give bbarr until Thursday evening to declare the next topic.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 00:59
    Let us assume the worst has happened to him. He has died. The result of the first round without his input is currently split three ways. We still have three judges who have agreed to continue. Bbarr was scheduled to choose the topic for the next round. However, the other two judges are prepared to name a topic, verse, etc for the next round.

Wha ...[text shortened]... him who won.
    d) Just think about all the money he is making the old fashioned capitalist way.
    e) Hire a different semi-famous, half-drunken bimbo for about half the money they're paying her.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    e) Hire a different semi-famous, half-drunken bimbo for about half the money they're paying her.
    Point taken. I will see if I can get Mokko to judge a round for us. 🙂
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:101 edit
    Could one of the other judges announce their topic and let Bbarr announce his after the next round? If not, I understand, I'm just eager to give it a try. 😉
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:16
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Could one of the other judges announce their topic and let Bbarr announce his after the next round? If not, I understand, I'm just eager to give it a try. 😉
    I think the judges need to stick together on this as some of the contestants have the belief that anarchy is a holy experience.
  11. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:18
    Good evening
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:29

Wha ...[text shortened]... him who won.
    I am among the very few people in America who has never seen American Idol.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 01:34
    I am among the very few people in America who has never seen American Idol.
    YouTube

Give this a try. Same idea only better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree