1. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Oct '23 16:572 edits
    Please listen to this broadcast Watchulookinat on the Oneplace app!

Trillions of stars, likewise the grains of sand on the earth, and the number of hairs on our head. The Bible says that God counts them all, yet He cares for us more than the birds (He cares for them too!) Considering problems, challenges, difficulties, and disappointments – knowing that He sees us should be comforting. We should take time to look at Him and be reminded of His great creation, His Love, His Mercy & Grace.

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/richard-ellis-radio/listen/watchulookinat-1121551.html

Download the app from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oneplace-com-premiere-provider-christian-audio-broadcasts/id354975208?mt=8
  2. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 03:53
    YouTube?si=ZxcQ_ONaC-fpVkY-

Such a true song, live, laugh, and love life is too short.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 07:111 edit
    @mike69 said
    Trillions of stars, likewise the grains of sand on the earth, and the number of hairs on our head. The Bible says that God counts them all, yet He cares for us more than the birds (He cares for them too!) Considering problems, challenges, difficulties, and disappointments – knowing that He sees us should be comforting. We should take time to look at Him and be reminded of His great creation, His Love, His Mercy & Grace.
    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment and nod to a couple of scriptures; can I ask who, precisely, you mean when you say “us”?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 07:561 edit
    @mike69 said
    Considering problems, challenges, difficulties, and disappointments – knowing that He sees us should be comforting.
    My Muslim neighbours feel comforted by God too, although, psychologically and more accurately speaking, I think they feel comforted, as you do, by their BELIEF in their God figure's omniscience and concern as they face "problems, challenges, difficulties, and disappointments".

The different traditions to which these consolations and aspirations are attributed is mostly the product of anthropology.

I don't think that public effusion about trillions of stars, grains of sand, and hairs on people's heads has too much chance of spreading an effective message about the benefits of the code for living that you believe your religious beliefs underpin.
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 20:48
    @divegeester said
    Whilst I appreciate the sentiment and nod to a couple of scriptures; can I ask who, precisely, you mean when you say “us”?
    I didn’t write it, listen to the sermon. I’m sorry I couldn’t get the link to work. Thank you for the interest.
    Mike
  6. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 20:57
    @fmf said
    My Muslim neighbours feel comforted by God too, although, psychologically and more accurately speaking, I think they feel comforted, as you do, by their BELIEF in their God figure's omniscience and concern as they face "problems, challenges, difficulties, and disappointments".

The different traditions to which these consolations and aspirations are attributed is mostly the pr ...[text shortened]... message about the benefits of the code for living that you believe your religious beliefs underpin.
    You certainly are welcome to your understanding and opinions my friend. The reasons we agree or disagree are pointless. The awesome thing is, He is, we are, and He cares for each and every one of us. May God be with you even when you’re not with him.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 21:452 edits
    @mike69 said
    I didn’t write it, listen to the sermon.
    You wrote the post and in it you said “ He cares for us more than the birds” … you said this.

I’m asking you whom precisely is “us”?

Edit, this is not a trick question. I’m trying to establish if you mean Christians, or everyone.
  8. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 22:42
    @divegeester said
    You wrote the post and in it you said “ He cares for us more than the birds” … you said this.

Edit, this is not a trick question. I’m trying to establish if you mean Christians, or everyone.
    We are one.
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 22:44
    @divegeester said

And no I didn’t🙂.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 22:54
    @mike69 said
    The reasons we agree or disagree are pointless.
    I shall remember that this is what you think the next time I am tempted to waste my time engaging you on this debate and discussion forum.
  11. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 22:59
    @fmf said
    I shall remember that this is what you think the next time I am tempted to waste my time engaging you on this debate and discussion forum.
    Did you read the op?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 23:03
    @mike69 said
    Did you read the op?
    Yawn.

Feel free to regurgitate some of your generic religiouspeak and then refuse to engage because you declare it's "pointless".
  13. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 23:11
    @fmf said
    Yawn.

Feel free to regurgitate some of your generic religiouspeak and then refuse to engage because you declare it's "pointless".
    You’re having reading difficulties there, along with understanding what I have told you three or four times over the years. Your eyes and ears are closed, if once open you do have free will making debating anything with you pointless although still not the direction I was going.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 23:17
    @mike69 said
    You’re having reading difficulties there, along with understanding what I have told you three or four times over the years. Your eyes and ears are closed, if once open you do have free will making debating anything with you pointless although still not the direction I was going.
    You have just, a few posts previously, declared that the reasons you agree or disagree with something are pointless. So that means, by your own admission, there is literally no point trying to discuss what you post with you. Feel free to drone on about every hair on your head being counted.
  15. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    07 Oct '23 23:22
    @fmf said
    You have just, a few posts previously, declared that the reasons you agree or disagree with something are pointless. So that means, by your own admission, there is literally no point trying to discuss what you post with you. Feel free to drone on about every hair on your head being counted.
    Of everything I posted here, look at the things you are belittling yourself on right now. I see so much greatness in you if only you could let go and let God heal you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree