Shootings

Shootings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
69d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
As usual, the Bible is inconsistent on this:

'When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.'

Matthew 10:23
The historical time was not specified. If we have to have Jesus agree with his ignorance on not knowing the time of his own return, we can safely assume that he was referring to the future 1948 nation of Israel. At the time of Jesus, Israel was not a nation as there were two, Judea, and Samaria.

Moves
69d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, the Trinity is not a biblical teaching. But then neither is Jesus being Michael.
Where and when does Immanuel come into the picture?

The Jewish people are still waiting for a messiah named Immanuel.

I do have to give credit to the Mormons as Smith was the first to understand that the Son, Jesus, was a completely separate entity from the Father.

The Christian trinity came into the picture because of that old and silly question: 'Who created God?' Himself, of course! He is his own Father and Mother, and we know what happens when man meets woman... a child comes around 9 months later. The Gods cannot be any different, since they created us in their own image. Jesus was, naturally, the only begotten child. The rest of us were created by artificial insemination.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
I do have to give credit to the Mormons as Smith was the first to understand that the Son, Jesus, was a completely separate entity from the Father.
He wasn’t the first and he was incorrect.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
The Christian trinity came into the picture because of that old and silly question: 'Who created God?'
No it didn’t.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
68d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Why does your church keep flip flopping on whether Jesus (cough cough Michael) should be worshipped?

Initially, JWs taught that Jesus should be worshiped, and then only receive “relative” worship (the worship of Jehovah through Jesus), before finally his worship being flat out forbidden.
We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d

@galveston75 said
We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it....
Incorrect.

Matthew 14:33

"Those in the boat worshipped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
68d

@PettyTalk

Sorry but most of what you think you are explaining makes no sense at all.
For example: In Luke, Jesus' points out clearly that he himself DOES NOT KNOW WHEN HE'LL BE BACK AGAIN. "But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

You are mixing up two different events. If you really understood those scriptures you would know that Jesus is never coming back to earth as a human. He is speaking of his "presence" or his influence. That's why it says "presence" and not to be walking here again physically as he did as a human at one time. He had to give up his flesh and blood for all humans to have a chance to be forgiven of sins caused by imperfection. He accomplished that by death. There is no need for him to return again as a flesh and blood human.
Your last comment says "he does not know the day or the hour". Of what? What is he speaking of? No idea? Armageddon. Only his Father Jehovah knows that. That also kind of kills the trinity belief.....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d

@divegeester said
Incorrect.

Matthew 14:33

"Those in the boat worshipped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"
Galveston….?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
68d

@galveston75 said
@PettyTalk

Sorry but most of what you think you are explaining makes no sense at all.
For example: In Luke, Jesus' points out clearly that he himself DOES NOT KNOW WHEN HE'LL BE BACK AGAIN. "But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

You are mixing up two different events. If you really u ...[text shortened]... ea? Armageddon. Only his Father Jehovah knows that. That also kind of kills the trinity belief.....
What a load of baloney. Who says Jesus has to return to Earth as a flesh and blood human? The angels said

... "Galileans, why are you standing there looking up at the sky? This Jesus, who was taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way that you saw him go to heaven." (Acts 1:11 GNB)

He is going to return as the immortal Son of God to judge people. Here Matthew describes the judgment day and the return of Christ to the earth to judge:

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: (Matthew 25:31-32 KJV)

Those JWs have removed your brain.... moron.

Moves
68d

And so, as the debates continue, and the participants remain steadfast in their convictions, we are reminded of the words of the wise: "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
68d

@divegeester

Depends on the bible you choose to use....

New American Bible
Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, “Truly, you are the Son of God.”

Young's Literal Translation
"and those in the boat having come, did bow to him, saying, 'Truly -- God's Son art thou.'

Darby Bible Translation
But those in the ship came and did homage to him, saying, Truly thou art God's Son.

The point is the apostles knew this was not God Jehovah as they clearly said he is God's son. Jesus also commanded many during his life as a HUMAN that he was never to be worshiped but that was only done to his Father Jehovah....

Read your bible.......and maybe one that does not promote the trinity. The trinity bibles clearly lean certain words and sayings to promote that pagan teaching. If you want the trinity, there are plenty bibles out there to help you out.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
And so, as the debates continue, and the participants remain steadfast in their convictions, we are reminded of the words of the wise: "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know."
With Jehovah's help and the willingness to ask him for it and make the needed changes, he will help you with learning exactly what he tells us and will help us leave pagan teachings behind.
"The truth will set you Free"..

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
68d

@Rajk999

Was Jesus flesh and blood as in a human being when he was raised to heaven? You have to think about this.
When he was raised to heaven, "where no flesh and blood can enter" he had left his body.
So that would mean what?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d

@galveston75 said
@divegeester

Depends on the bible you choose to use....
Exactly Ghost of a Duke’s point to you!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
68d

@galveston75 said
Read your bible.......and maybe one that does not promote the trinity. The trinity bibles clearly lean certain words and sayings to promote that pagan teaching. If you want the trinity, there are plenty bibles out there to help you out.
I’ve never believed in the trinity; perhaps you have forgotten the thousands of posts you and I have exchanged on the matter.

Maybe if you read a different bible you wouldn’t be trapped in a pernicious bullying cult which covers up child sex abuse by its leaders.

There are plenty of bibles out there to help you out.