1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 10:32
    http://www.groundreport.com/Arts_and_Culture/SINGLE-CURRENCY-CONSIDERED-AMIDST-SEVERE-GLOBAL-EC_2

There is lots of this on the web in the last 24hrs and I was wondering what the posters in this forum thought about it from a spiritual standpoint (It could be in debates too but I'm more interested in the spiritual viewpoints).

Many christians believe that one of the key indicators of the end times and the rise of a single autocracy with a one world religion will be the introduction of a single global (cashless - digital) currency.

I'm sure many of you have views on this?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 10:43
    It's the first time I've heard of it.

That piece is funny, though.
    In light of Bible prophecy and according to the Scriptures, the "last days" the world will see the materialization of an entirely new international financial design, with a single common global currency created and mandated by European leaders.

I don't know which scriptures that guy has, but they're funky.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's the first time I've heard of it.

That piece is funny, though.
    In light of Bible prophecy and according to the Scriptures, the "last days" the world will see the materialization of an entirely new international financial design, with a single common global currency [b]created and mandated by European leaders

I don't know which scriptures that guy has, but they're funky.[/b]
    Sure, that's straight out of bedtime! I'm just using this page as an example of what's out there at the moment. There's been some discussion in a political circle somewhere, and the wider media has got hold of it. Some of the religious websites are beside themselves.

Nevertheless there may be something in it and I'd be interested in peoples views.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:135 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    http://www.groundreport.com/Arts_and_Culture/SINGLE-CURRENCY-CONSIDERED-AMIDST-SEVERE-GLOBAL-EC_2

There is lots of this on the web in the last 24hrs and I was wondering what the posters in this forum thought about it from a spiritual standpoint (It could be in debates too but I'm more interested in the spiritual viewpoints).

Many christians believe ...[text shortened]... a single global (cashless - digital) currency.

The signs of the emergence of the Antichrist's kingdom are very strong IMO. There are a few caveats that I would submit.

1.) Of course it will not be the first time people thought signs of the end times were eminent. And many unbelievers in the Gospel will not be impressed now with these indications. I think end time signs tend to make some people less believing of the Bible and not more so.

2.) We should not be too quick to assume "the whole earth" as discribed end time prophecies may always in all instances mean the whole globe.

I mean this, the kingdom of the Antichrist could be limited to what was at that time of the writing of Revelation, considered, for all intents and purposes "the entire earth" or ie, "the whole world".

There should be refugees from the kingdom of Antichrist. And there should be enemies of the Antichrist's kingdom. Refugees have to be able to flee somewhere. And enemies of this "one world" must come from somewhere.

So I have had an understanding that it would be misleading to assume a "one world" situation of a final dictator to necessarily include everywhere on the planet.

Do you understand what I mean ?

My opinion at present is that this area of the coming one world realm of single currency or concentrated political power will be mainly in Europe and around the Mediteranean.

Some areas of the earth which would have been considered in the Apostle John's time as "wilderness" may not be under this area. I suspect that some areas outside of this political realm would be poverty stricken havens perhaps into which some people can flee the coming Antichrist.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 17:44
    Originally posted by divegeester

Many christians believe ...[text shortened]... a single global (cashless - digital) currency.

This would be a bad thing for those of us who collect foreign currency as a hobby. The Euro has made the former European currencies very expensive and hard to find. Not to mention that they were all far more attractive than the Euro. It would be a shame to see that happen to every currency.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 18:01
    Originally posted by rwingett
    This would be a bad thing for those of us who collect foreign currency as a hobby. The Euro has made the former European currencies very expensive and hard to find. Not to mention that they were all far more attractive than the Euro. It would be a shame to see that happen to every currency.
    Coins are still different per country, so there's even more things to collect now.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 18:17
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Coins are still different per country, so there's even more things to collect now.
    I don't do coins. You've got to draw the line somewhere. Plus they're too heavy. Currency is much easier to store. And its more colorful.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 20:27
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Although I understand your concerns, I sure hope that nobody makes any economic decisions based on the desires of foreign currency hobbyists. What I never understood was why they didn't simply set an exchange rate of 1-1 and keep their currencies. I guess there is a greater risk of people refusing to accept foreign currency.

Zimbabwe is now well on its way to using the Rand as its currency. Quite ridiculous really as they could have stopped inflation of their own currency dead in its tracks any time they wanted to.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Mar '09 20:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Although I understand your concerns, I sure hope that nobody makes any economic decisions based on the desires of foreign currency hobbyists. What I never understood was why they didn't simply set an exchange rate of 1-1 and keep their currencies. I guess there is a greater risk of people refusing to accept foreign currency.

Zimbabwe is now well on its ...[text shortened]... could have stopped inflation of their own currency dead in its tracks any time they wanted to.
    That would be like what they do in the UK. A lot of the outlying areas have their own currency, which is really just the English pound with their own local design. Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, St. Helena, and others all do the same.

But then other countries do the same thing as with the Euro. The East Caribbean Dollar is used Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. All with the same design.

The West Aftrican Franc and Central African Franc are other shared currencies.

And then there are more countries who are abandoning their own currency and who are adopting the US dollar, like Equador and El Salvador.