1. England
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 14:16
    [i]] important).

On the other hand, if we approach the Bible as we would any other book, then we can choose what is important to us and disregard the rest.[/b]
    we can not approach the bible as any other book. if you belive then its your bible and how to live, if someone wants to murder, rob, or any other sin its down in print "do not" they can chose to ignore but at the day of judgement they will be held in account.
    if your gay then do not say i did not agree so does not count/ also adultry/fornification ide like to say i do not agree so it does not count sadly for me it does.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 14:31
    How many religions are currently using the bible as their specific holy scripture?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 14:40
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If the bible is supporting slavery, the old testament (Leviticus 25:44-46) as well as the new testament (Ephesians 6:9), why was the slavery abolished in America at 1865?
    ...They have deprived the natives of their property or turned it to their own use, and have subjected some of the inhabitants of said islands to perpetual slavery, sold them to other persons and committed other various illicit and evil deeds against them... We order and command all and each of the faithful of each sex that, within the space of fifteen days of the publication of these letters in the place where they live, that they restore to their earlier liberty all and each person of either sex who were once residents of said Canary Islands...who have been made subject to slavery. These people are to be totally and perpetually free and are to be let go without the exaction or reception of any money...

Pope Eugene IV (1435) - Sicut Dudum:
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 15:08
    Originally posted by Palynka
    ...They have deprived the natives of their property or turned it to their own use, and have subjected some of the inhabitants of said islands to perpetual slavery, sold them to other persons and committed other various illicit and evil deeds against them... We order and command all and each of the faithful of each sex that, within the space of fifteen day ...[text shortened]... ut the exaction or reception of any money...

Pope Eugene IV (1435) - Sicut Dudum:
    ...and?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 15:11
    ...and?
    😴
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 20:31
    How many religions are currently using the bible as their specific holy scripture?
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 04:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So you think that the Songs of Solomon is an important book in the Bible?
    If the Holy Bible is the word of God, then the Songs of Solomon is important. Not as important as the book of Genesis or the book of John, but important nonetheless.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 06:341 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    What are these three religions, may I ask?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree