1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Jun '13 19:328 edits
    On the Non Existence of Monotheistic Deities...

Define 'Harimos' to be the unique entity which satisfies the following criteria:
    1) For all temporal dimensions, there exists no point within them for which this entity has not existed.
    2) It always prevents the existence of monotheistic deities
    3) It is itself, not a deity
    4) For any arguments similar in structure to the one here which purport to demonstrate the existence of any entity other than Harimos, it introduces flaws in the arguments that the audience or authors cannot detect.
    5) It has five arms.

I now proceed to show that this entity exists. Indeed, suppose for contradiction, that

i) Harimos does not exist;

further suppose that,
    ii) for all arms of Harimos, it has two, and only two fingers.
    It actually turns out that (ii) must be true since otherwise its falsity would imply the existence of at least one arm of Harimos that did not have two fingers (the logical negation of (ii) ), but this is impossible by supposition (i)

Now suppose that
    ii) for all arms of Harimos, it has three, and only three fingers.
    It actually turns out that (iii) must also be true (by the same argument that demonstrates the truth of (ii))

But the truth of (ii) and (iii) leads to
    iv) for all arms of Harimos, not only does it have two, and only two fingers, but it also has three, and only three fingers.

But this is a contradiction!, one that results directly from the assumption in (i). Henceforth, the assumption is false; i.e.

Harimos exists

But then having proven that Harimos exists we are forced to conclude that Monotheistic deities do not exist (by (1) and (2))*.

QED.

and have a nice day! 🙂

---------------------------------------------------
    * By extension, Bible "God", itself a monotheistic deity, also doesn't exist!
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 07:32
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]On the Non Existence of Monotheistic Deities...

Define 'Harimos' to be the unique entity which satisfies the following criteria:
    [i]1) For all temporal dimensions, there exists no point within them for which this entity has not existed.
    2) It always prevents the existence of monotheistic deities
    3) It is itself, not a deity
    4) For any arguments s ...[text shortened]... ------------
    * By extension, Bible "God", itself a monotheistic deity, also doesn't exist![/b]
    did you invent this mockery of logic all by yourself ? is it supposed to be funny?

i am lost
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 10:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did you invent this mockery of logic all by yourself ? is it supposed to be funny?

i am lost
    The most important part is the 2 fingers.

He's giving 2 fingers to all religion.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 22:45
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    The most important part is the 2 fingers.

He's giving 2 fingers to all religion.
    so he is trying to prove something is illogical by being as illogical as he can?

i won't even try anymore to understand
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Jun '13 22:526 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so he is trying to prove something is illogical by being as illogical as he can?

i won't even try anymore to understand
    Well firstly, I never set out here to prove something is illogical (please show me where and how I do try to "prove something is illogical" ), and secondly, if I am being as illogical as I can then that is to say that *every* one of my steps is illogical (since otherwise, if I am being maximally illogical, we would have a contradiction were I able to exchange some logical step with an illogical one! Reveal Hidden Content
    for example I could have replaced all steps with 1 + gophers % 3 => all hamsters smell like apples
    )

It remains for you to now demonstrate this is indeed the case!
    Have at you! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree