Originally posted by Taoman
    "DIVINE FLASHES (Lama'at) - Fakhruddin 'Araqi

The Morning of Manifestation sighed,
    the breeze of Grace breathed gently,
    ripples stirred
    upon the sea of Generosity.
    The clouds of Abundance poured down the rain
    upon the soil of preparedness;
    so much rain that the earth shone with Light.
    The lover, then, nourished with the water of life, awoke from ...[text shortened]... s refers
    to that single Beauty."

Source: http://www.buddhanet.net/mag_one.htm
    Lovely..............

A thoughtful person can perceive that all is energy swirling about creating thought forms here and there and believes they have achieved enlightment.

They have partially reached enlightened yet but it is only the first step in an eternal journey with infinite steps whilst bonded to this material Maya.

Breaking free from this endless journey is available to the Mahatmas who desire the lotus feet of the Supreme enjoyer and the Lord and master of Maya.

Their desire for intimate relationship with the Lord enables them to tread a different path culminating in eternal relationship with their beloved Lord and the suffering of the wandering soul ceases.
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 13:55
    Very informative. Thank you rvsakhadeo. It would be delightful to hear the devotional singing in situ. I find Hindu instrumental music very evocative also. Some can quite transport the spirit.
    There are many CDs available in the market which you can enjoy if they are available in Australia.Try the CDs produced and marketed by TimesMusic,the associate company of Times of India.
    There are many instrumental music CDs esp. by Ravi Shankar and many others centred on Devotion.
  3. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 14:00
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Wonderful! I have a translation of the Divine Flashes, and revisit it often. The river of nondualism forges rich streams in nearly all religious expressions.

Clear light
    refracted through a prism—

then people fight over
    which is the one true color…
    Dasa,you may be knowing where Indian Devotional/Instrumental music CDs may be available in Australia.Taoman may be informed as he is staying in Australia,he can get some easily.
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 14:03
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Lovely..............

A thoughtful person can perceive that all is energy swirling about creating thought forms here and there and believes they have achieved enlightment.

They have partially reached enlightened yet but it is only the first step in an eternal journey with infinite steps whilst bonded to this material Maya.

Breaking free from this endles ...[text shortened]... in eternal relationship with their beloved Lord and the suffering of the wandering soul ceases.
    Dasa,please inform Taoman where Indian Devotional/Instrumental music CDs may be available in Australia,as he is interested and stays in Australia.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 17:09
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Dasa,please inform Taoman where Indian Devotional/Instrumental music CDs may be available in Australia,as he is interested and stays in Australia.
    Google ..................... the ( The Hare Krsna Store Australia) and they have everything or can get everything.
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 14:44
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Google ..................... the ( The Hare Krsna Store Australia) and they have everything or can get everything.
    Thank you Dasa. Thank you rv...
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 14:50
    Thank you Dasa. Thank you rv...
    I will definitely follow it up. I do have some fine Hindu music already but its good to know where there are other good sources. What I meant by "in situ" (an unclear statement, my bad) was hearing the music in its natural home, amongst the community that sings them, in India itself.
  8. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 15:24
    I will definitely follow it up. I do have some fine Hindu music already but its good to know where there are other good sources. What I meant by "in situ" (an unclear statement, my bad) was hearing the music in its natural home, amongst the community that sings them, in India itself.
    Indians are overly fond of singing and dancing.The Indian musical world is vast,having any no.of variations,regionally,culturally, and religion wise. You must visit India and attend live performances of classical,semi-classical,ghazal,non-classical forms of singing and instrumental music.You will never leave our shores !
    India was called disparagingly, by an anglophile named Nirad Chaudhary(otherwise a brilliant writer of exquisite English),as Continent of Circe ! It is not exactly that but certainly it is a continent of Music.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 17:501 edit
    At the Hare Krsna Store ......... log onto Hare Krsna store there are a super collection of music DVDs and CD,s and may I suggest 2 DVD,s

1.Krsna Meditations and 2. Hare Krsna Classics and Originals.

Note: There is Indian music.

And then there is Indian devotional music and Indian devotional music is very nice.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 01:04
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Indians are overly fond of singing and dancing.The Indian musical world is vast,having any no.of variations,regionally,culturally, and religion wise. You must visit India and attend live performances of classical,semi-classical,ghazal,non-classical forms of singing and instrumental music.You will never leave our shores !
    India was called disparagingly, b ...[text shortened]... nglish),as Continent of Circe ! It is not exactly that but certainly it is a continent of Music.
    My daughter studied Indian vocal music with a master in Mumbai, she got her first degree at Berklee school of music in Boston and MA at Weslyan.
    She also married a guy from Tamil Nadu, they have 2 kids now, they live now in Brazil, she teaches music at the Federal Univ, he is a statistical physicist also teaching there. He got his Phd at BU. (Boston University).
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 03:44
    The hard bit is realising that the "fighting over" also is part of the "prism" of life through which the Clear Light shines.

All the colours arise from the white clear light of Awareness.

With Desire and Aversion the wondrous play of Manifestation is differentiated.
    Without seeking and rejecting, the Whole Shining appears.
    Thank you.
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 04:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My daughter studied Indian vocal music with a master in Mumbai, she got her first degree at Berklee school of music in Boston and MA at Weslyan.
    She also married a guy from Tamil Nadu, they have 2 kids now, they live now in Brazil, she teaches music at the Federal Univ, he is a statistical physicist also teaching there. He got his Phd at BU. (Boston University).
    Great to know that! May God bless your daughter,son-in-law,grandchildren. You must have felt what a pure pleasure it is to hold a grandchild in one's arms! When my grandson,now about 4 months old,looks at me with wonder when I hold him in my arms, I know God exists.
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 23:02
    Thank you for starting this beautiful thread!
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 07:21
    There is a CD on the Indian market- recently released-called "Sufiana" consisting of Sufi vocals. I have not heard it but is said to be selling a lot. Try if you can get in Australia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree