1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 18:19
    Genesis 8:4

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

This verse does not seem related to the verses following it, and also seems to suggest some startling things. You you bunch of ameteur Bible scholars help me out on this and tell me what this is supposed to mean?

... --- ...
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:45
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

This verse does not seem related to the verses following it, and also seems to suggest some startling things. You you bunch of ameteur Bible scholars help me out on this and tell me what this is supposed to mean?

... --- ...
    Are you sure your not reading from Tolkien's The Hobbit again?
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:19

... --- ...
    Remember what Darfius said about that verse?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21781

4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 May '05 22:26

... --- ...
    Gen 6: 4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of G-d came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

the mighty men of old are probably the Sumerian leaders, the israelites did have roots in Sumer, and much of Genesis seems to have roots there too.
    My guess is : the Nephilim were supposed to be gods from that pantheon.
    At any rate it's leading up to the Flood story ( possibly as a justification) and Noah's Flood story has roots in Sumerian mythology.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    28 May '05 09:07

... --- ...
    The correct Scripture is GENESIS 6:4
    The giants or sons of GOD,in this scripture were some of the fallen angels. Which are the those angles that are in that place of torment now. That had sex with women. And these woman gave birth to children. The off-spring of this combination were so evil, that this evil spread throughout the world. This evilness is one of the primary reason which GOD had to destroy the human population,with the flood.
    There are scriptural references if you want.
  6. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 May '05 16:07
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    The correct Scripture is GENESIS 6:4
    The giants or sons of GOD,in this scripture were some of the fallen angels. Which are the those angles that are in that place of torment now. That had sex with women. And these woman gave birth to children. The off-spring of this combination were so evil, that this evil spread throughout the world. This evilness is ...[text shortened]... ad to destroy the human population,with the flood.
    There are scriptural references if you want.
    This is total speculation!

I think that the 'giants' were 500-foot tall people nose rings and painted toenails.

My claim is equally (in)valid as yours.

Nemesio
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 May '05 18:231 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is total speculation!

I think that the 'giants' were 500-foot tall people nose rings and painted toenails.

My claim is equally (in)valid as yours.

Nemesio
    Giant's of old were very large in the Polo Grounds now ( rumor has it) they are on steroids.

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 May '05 19:05
    Originally posted by telerion
    Remember what Darfius said about that verse?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21781

That thread is one reason why it doesn't really pay to debate these fundie cult "Christians"; they're borderline psychotic. Demons coming down in UFOs?🙄🙄🙄
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 May '05 19:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That thread is one reason why it doesn't really pay to debate these fundie cult "Christians"; they're borderline psychotic. Demons coming down in UFOs?🙄🙄🙄
    still its fun to rile em and watch em act out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree