1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 05:27
    Remember always whatever we send forth on the waves of thought and deed in the universe will definitely boomerang. Our miseries, sorrows and diseases are all the results of our deeds. Our world is the creation of our thoughts. We tend to blame others or circumstances for our failures and miseries. Our mind - a product of our environment and worldly education - wonderfully advocates for all our sins and wrong deeds. The interference of the so-called knowledge stops the natural flow of consciousness, which is ever truthful

The energy which is conciousness, I believe can transcend death. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how can or life force cease to exist?

According to Stephen Hawking in “A Brief History of Time”, the term ‘conservation of energy ‘ is the Law of Science that states that energy (or its equivalent in mass) can neither be created or destroyed - but it can and does, change form.

Nyxie
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 05:35
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Remember always whatever we send forth on the waves of thought and deed in the universe will definitely boomerang. Our miseries, sorrows and diseases are all the results of our deeds. Our world is the creation of our thoughts. We tend to blame others or circumstances for our failures and miseries. Our mind - a product of our environment and worldly education - ...[text shortened]... valent in mass) can neither be created or destroyed - but it can and does, change form.

Nyxie
    The energy which is conciousness, I believe can transcend death. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how can or life force cease to exist?

But does it stay "collected," as a consciousness, or dissipate into the general cosmic energy "field"?
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 05:38
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]The energy which is conciousness, I believe can transcend death. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how can or life force cease to exist?

But does it stay "collected," as a consciousness, or dissipate into the general cosmic energy "field"?[/b]
    I would say that parts of it at least stay cohesive. Maybe not us as a whole being but parts. The parts that we may have connected to most will stay cohesive. Maybe the parts are seperated and then passed on, ie reincarnation. But views of past lives and the ability of some to connect with the past, mediums, spirit guides, shows us that certain strains stay cohesive.

Nyxie
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 05:47
    I would say that parts of it at least stay cohesive. Maybe not us as a whole being but parts. The parts that we may have connected to most will stay cohesive. Maybe the parts are seperated and then passed on, ie reincarnation. But views of past lives and the ability of some to connect with the past, mediums, spirit guides, shows us that certain strains stay cohesive.

Nyxie
    But views of past lives and the ability of some to connect with the past, mediums, spirit guides, shows us that certain strains stay cohesive.

I'm not arguing, just wondering. And am too tired tonight to do that well! Isn't it possible that such things are simply (!) part of our collective unconscious, in some Jungian sense?
  5. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 05:53
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]But views of past lives and the ability of some to connect with the past, mediums, spirit guides, shows us that certain strains stay cohesive.

I'm not arguing, just wondering. And am too tired tonight to do that well! Isn't it possible that such things are simply (!) part of our collective unconscious, in some Jungian sense?[/b]
    For that to be true imho would mean that we are not individuals while we are alive. I think we are individuals and as such bring something into the conciousness overall. Adding a little each in our own ways. It is these thoughts of individuality that I think carry on. Strands of thought put together in a seperate and unique order. Maybe most of us returns to overall energy or force that binds life together, but these errant strands of thought maintain their indiviuality.

Nyxie
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:00

Nyxie
    That can all be explained by immortal demonic beings who reveal the past to give the appearance of past lives. Notice only those who dabble in the occult have these experiences. Ever hear of a Christian who's been a medium? How about a Christian who claims to remember their past life?

7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:01
    For that to be true imho would mean that we are not individuals while we are alive. I think we are individuals and as such bring something into the conciousness overall. Adding a little each in our own ways. It is these thoughts of individuality that I think carry on. Strands of thought put together in a seperate and unique order. Maybe most of us returns to o ...[text shortened]... t binds life together, but these errant strands of thought maintain their indiviuality.

Nyxie
    Ah. I really like the last two lines of your post--I need to ponder it for awhile, but that makes sense to me. As for the question of individuality, Jung posited three basic levels of "consciousness": 1) the conscious (our everyday awareness, understanding, etc.), 2) the personal unconscious, and 3) the collective unconscious, which "contains" archetypes, symbols, urges, etc. that we share with all of humanity. Many religious archetypes, for example, have an uncanny resemblance across cultures. And the more we are able to tap into the unconscious, the "larger" our individual persona becomes.

I was just thinking that perhaps the experiences you mentioned might come from mainly the collective unconscious, and the experiences would certainly reflect the "addition" of our individuality.

8. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:13
    Originally posted by Darfius
    That can all be explained by immortal demonic beings who reveal the past to give the appearance of past lives. Notice only those who dabble in the occult have these experiences. Ever hear of a Christian who's been a medium? How about a Christian who claims to remember their past life?

We're not speaking of demons here darfius, we are speaking of the life force and the non-destruction of human energy in thought. I think my first post in this thread covers the way demons may be brought about by human thought, perhaps you'd like to reflect upon that idea?

Nyxie
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:16
    We're not speaking of demons here darfius, we are speaking of the life force and the non-destruction of human energy in thought. I think my first post in this thread covers the way demons may be brought about by human thought, perhaps you'd like to reflect upon that idea?

Nyxie
    You are absolutely correct, demons cannot bother you until you give them permission, either by your thought process (which results in an aura of fear that they can perceive) or if you dabble in the occult, which is basically an invitation to demons. Christians, however, are covered in the blood of Christ, so demons have exactly 0 power over us...unless we let them.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:181 edit

Nyxie
    Darfius is right they are demonic Spirits.

The Bible says to stay away from mediums and people like that.
  11. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:31
    Originally posted by RBHILL

Would either one of you care to discuss the topic of this thread?

Nyxie
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:34
    You are absolutely correct, demons cannot bother you until you give them permission, either by your thought process (which results in an aura of fear that they can perceive) or if you dabble in the occult, which is basically an invitation to demons. Christians, however, are covered in the blood of Christ, so demons have exactly 0 power over us...unless we let them.
    That's very interesting about demons being attracted by an aura of fear. I would say that we create our own demons, and I think you'll disagree with that. But, either way, that's an interesting connection I had not thought of, and I need to think about it some more. That's a really interesting point.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:38
    Originally posted by RBHILL

RB,

In another thread, you said: "Who says dead people are in Heaven, they are more alive then we are." So why couldn't they communicate the way Nyxie is suggesting?
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:42
    Life is not energy. There is no "conservation of life" principle.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 06:42

I've never heard of anyone but a Christian claim to be 'slain in the Spirit' or
    'speaking in tongues.'

These are viewed as occult by non-Christians.

Who are you to say that your 'supernatural experiences' are True and that
    other people have 'Demonic ones?'

Opinion, not fact.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree