Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 31 Oct '10 00:47 / 1 edit
    Great idea amannion. It's something I've been thinking a lot about. There is a great deal to be said about spirituality that doesn't necessarily have to include a god or religion.(I think)

    I think everything has a spiritual component to it.

    For example fatherhood. We could probably discuss this for pages without saying a word about God. And I don't think that would be a sin either. In fact, it could be a refreshing way to have a debate.
  2. 31 Oct '10 00:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    Great idea amannion. It's something I've been thinking a lot about. There is a great deal to be said about spirituality that doesn't necessarily have to include a god or religion.(I think)

    I think everything has a spiritual component to it.

    For example fatherhood. We could probably discuss this for pages.
    Yeah that reminds me of the Buddhist practice of Mindfulness ...
  3. 31 Oct '10 00:56
    Originally posted by amannion
    Yeah that reminds me of the Buddhist practice of Mindfulness ...
    To have the mind full.

    To fill the mind.

    I think a good father has his mind full of the good things he wants for his children.
  4. Standard member ua41
    Sharp Edge
    31 Oct '10 01:26 / 1 edit
    Dogmatically nomadic, I pick and pull bits of this and that
    Religions are different parts of the body- get so involved in the hands and we forget that there are feet and legs- so it's really hard to discriminate.
    Each has a function and utilization and each has a potential.

    Why limit yourself to specific deities and dogmas and indulge in the spirituality that is here and now amongst everyone
  5. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    31 Oct '10 01:42
    Let me add something here...

    Theres no question of talking about spirituality without including God because God is the Supreme Spirit (spirit/uality) and the living entities are the small Spirit (spirit/uality) so you can see thats its impossible to seperate the two.
  6. 31 Oct '10 01:50
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Let me add something here...

    Theres no question of talking about spirituality without including God because God is the Supreme Spirit (spirit/uality) and the living entities are the small Spirit (spirit/uality) so you can see thats its impossible to seperate the two.
    BECAUSE God is the supreme Spirit it's not possible to talk about spiritual things without talking about God?

    How can you be so sure?

    If I say that a man should love his wife, am I not talking about something spiritual? Did I have to mention God in order to say that?
  7. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    31 Oct '10 02:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    BECAUSE God is the supreme Spirit it's not possible to talk about spiritual things without talking about God?

    How can you be so sure?

    If I say that a man should love his wife, am I not talking about something spiritual? Did I have to mention God in order to say that?
    A man loving his wife is not spiritual and its acutally illusionary, conditional and sentimental and not genuine.

    Real love can only be love on the spiritual platform, because the spiritual platform takes one out of illusion, and to stay in illusion one cannot love genuinely.
  8. 31 Oct '10 02:19
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    A man loving his wife is not spiritual and its acutally illusionary, conditional and sentimental and not genuine.

    Real love can only be love on the spiritual platform, because the spiritual platform takes one out of illusion, and to stay in illusion one cannot love genuinely.
    A man loving his wife is an illusion?

    You should quit reading vendetatata.
  9. Standard member Agerg
    The 'edit'or
    31 Oct '10 02:39
    Ah well...its vishvahetu on the case!!! looks like your well intentioned thread is on a one way track to derailment and nonsense josephw 😞
  10. 31 Oct '10 02:51
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Ah well...its vishvahetu on the case!!! looks like your well intentioned thread is on a one way track to derailment and nonsense josephw 😞
    I don't know what to say. vishva and taco are deeply entrenched in Mary Baker Eddy. They think like all her writings which are designed to influence the weak willed. Her "theology" is based on the effeminate which appeals to the emotions and not the intellect. It effectively strips away ones ability to question what she says by instilling fanciful dreams.

    Instead of making a comparative study of her writings against the scriptures her adherents follow in lockstep her every utterance.

    It's the same as with all cults.