1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 May '11 03:24
    The primary reason for denying the existence of a creator/God isn't based on the lack of evidence. It is because, by acknowledging the existence of God, one becomes immediately accountable to Him.

It strikes at the heart, which is full of pride. Blinding pride and self deceit.

There is nothing in all creation worth knowing more than God.

Psalm 19:1-10

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    31 May '11 06:33
    Originally posted by josephw
    The primary reason for denying the existence of a creator/God isn't based on the lack of evidence. It is because, by acknowledging the existence of God, one becomes immediately accountable to Him.

It strikes at the heart, which is full of pride. Blinding pride and self deceit.

Psalm 19:1 ...[text shortened]... esired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
    An excellent quote. I did not know that psalms contained such moving thoughts. Moreover, how parallel are they to our theology. In the Gita,the Lord says that after knowing about God,nothing else needs to be known. The Upanishads also state that it is the God's law that makes the Sun give light and heat,the Wind to blow,the Fire to burn etc.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 15:08

Psalm 19:1 ...[text shortened]... esired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
    Bravo, well said.

I've been banging this drum for years here.

I hope you don't get as relentlessly attacked over it as I was. But maybe you have been, I don't know. Ironically, they'll call you the hypocrite.

Thanks for this passage.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 17:18
    Are you practicing psychology or mind reading? Be careful, the latter art could get you labeled 'magician' and land you in hell.

By the way, do you actually believe that applies to me? Or is it just some thoughts about your own atheism?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 17:52
    More bile and hatred from the usual suspects.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 20:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you practicing psychology or mind reading? Be careful, the latter art could get you labeled 'magician' and land you in hell.

By the way, do you actually believe that applies to me? Or is it just some thoughts about your own atheism?

You're right: it should at least include the latter, for consistency. If josephw is thick enough to think such a generalization true, he should be committed to the application of it toward his own god-denying attitudes. Clearly josephw's primary reason for denying the existence of Baal or Zeus or etc, is that he does not fancy the idea of his being accountable to the likes of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree