Spong's lament

Spong's lament

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
16 Dec 08

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no i now intend to include a disclaimer after every post, to the effect that robbie carrobie is not the author, nor does he claim this work as his own, it merely represents his point of view. then perhaps you will be forced to actually address the content of the posts rather than evading it. awaiting your evidence with abated breath....hear that...its an eerie silence.
Did you plagiarize this post? Come on, admit it...

Moves
16 Dec 08
2 edits

your evidence if you please, to the actual content of the post, which you people seem to be going to great lengths to evade.

disclaimer: robbie carrobie in no way claims this work as his own. all references are from an exterior source and simply represent his point of view.
No1: "I suspect most of this post is an unattributed cut and paste."

Robbie: "no it was taken from my own personal research..."

No1 states his suspicion that you have cut and pasted most of your post which you categorically deny.

LJ: "Well, I sure as hell don't believe you here, particularly since much of your post is word for word from The Bible: God's Word or Man's? from the Watchtower Society (1989)."

LJ cites the source of your cut and paste. You have not only plagiarized the Watchtower site, but have compounded it by lying about this fact.

Then comes a series of posts where you make various claims that are either irrelevant to the above or are additional lies.

Robbie: "that i took quite a considerable time to source and post these statements you cannot deny. as i have already stated to you and others these are not my own ideas and were posted to merely illustrate the points that i have made, that's called research, and they were drawn from many different sources."

Irrelevant.

Robbie: "... that's what i call research, so if you don't mind i also demand of you a full public apology for having slandered my reputation and calling me a liar. i have never claimed that i was the author nor that i originated these ideas..."

As shown above, you have denied that you plagiarized the content of your post. Then you not only contine this lie, but start making accusations of slander. Then it seems you continue to lie and make accusations of other "attacking" you.

I believe the evidence of your posts was already provided, as per the above.

Then, you conveniently ignored it and continued upon your rant of the injustice purpetrated against you and completely ignored the logical observations as noted by ToO; who, by the way, has proved you to be in error.

So for you to continue your irrational line of reasoning can only lead me to believe that you are engaged in Opposites Day.

rc

Moves
16 Dec 08

Originally posted by Badwater
[i][b]No1: "I suspect most of this post is an unattributed cut and paste."

Robbie: "no it was taken from my own personal research..."

No1 states his suspicion that you have cut and pasted most of your post which you categorically deny.

LJ: "Well, I sure as hell don't believe you here, particularly since much of your post is word for word f ...[text shortened]... ou are engaged in Opposites Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SITu6BLfqrQ
if you care to post your evidence then we can see if you are interested in ascertaining the truth of the matter or not?

rc

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
Did you plagiarize this post? Come on, admit it...
ringwett now you are teasing, i have never once posted anything on this forum of my own originality and claimed that it was my own, not once. every single source is from a third party. but i think you are correct, i was mistaken to assume that people were interested in finding out whether the comments you made could be substantiated, whether the bibles integrity really mattered, whether there was enough time for myth to develop, whether the 5000 or so extant manuscripts meant anything, whether the genealogy of Christ could be attested to, whether that it could be refuted that Christianity was essentially transmitted textually or was subject to oral manipulation, whether the gospel writers actually penned the gospels or not, but no they are not interested in these things at all, for as far as i can discern there has not been one attempt to address any of these points, not one measly reference that has shown to indicate that any of the scriptures that we are in possession of today have been fabricated and the subject of embellishment.

i was mistaken and should have realized the import of the apostles words when he stated , ' but shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile', Titus 3:9

T

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

if you care to post your evidence then we can see if you are interested in ascertaining the truth of the matter or not?
Evidently you can't handle the truth.

You've been provided the evidence numerous times. Evidently you are in a state of denial, extremely dense or an inveterate liar.

rc

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Evidently you can't handle the truth.

You've been provided the evidence numerous times. Evidently you are in a state of denial, extremely dense or an incorrigible liar.
perhaps you would like to reiterate some of it, for i certainly cannot remember you posting anything remotely resembling 'evidence', for any of the points raised', perhaps now we may quiz you, which scripture in my bible has been subject to embellishment and fabrication?

T

Moves
16 Dec 08
1 edit

perhaps you would like to reiterate some of it, for i certainly cannot remember you posting anything remotely resembling 'evidence', for any of the points raised', perhaps now we may quiz you, which scripture in my bible has been subject to embellishment and fabrication?
There's already been ample evidence provided of your plagiarizing and lying. There seems to be little point in continuing to do so.

Why don't you simply admit it and apologize?

rc

Moves
16 Dec 08

kind of strange, that eerie silence, you would think with all the postulation it would have been relatively easy for you to find just one verse that was the subject of manipulation, after all you have a very broad target and so much 'evidence', to back up your claims.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Well said! 🙂
Originally posted by josephw
"Finally, at the end of this journey, Jesus,
__Will you embrace me
____Inside the ultimate reality
______That I call God
________In whom I live
__________And move
____________And have my being?
For that, Jesus, is my goal in this book."

Strange.

I feel sorry for anyone who claims to be a Christian, yet doesn't understand that the r ...[text shortened]... ory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

You wasted your money.

Z

Moves
18 Dec 08

kind of strange, that eerie silence, you would think with all the postulation it would have been relatively easy for you to find just one verse that was the subject of manipulation, after all you have a very broad target and so much 'evidence', to back up your claims.
you do like the term eeerie silence. what would you like, them post to sing to you?