1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 09:22
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am asking you - a Christian - about what "evidence for creation" you claim to be aware of, not doing a post-mortem on beliefs I happen to have held in decades past and which were faith-based and not much affected by issues of science.

I have gone from seeing a creator behind the world I saw around me, to being agnostic about the question of a creator.
    There are millions of examples of design around you, open your eyes, what do you see? Think about the millions of nerve connections that have to be connected in exactly the right sequence for you to see.

If you are really interested here is an article on the remarkable design of the human eye.
    http://www.creationmoments.com/content/design-human-eye
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 09:39
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Are you describing a scientist or are you in fact describing a creationist without knowledge of science? I think the latter.

"Seashells are found on the MtEverest, this must be the ultimate proof of the flooding."
    "Err, haven't you heard of tectonics?"
    "No,and I will not hear about what Satan is whispering in your ears!"
    "So what is the reason that seashells is not found all over the world?"
    "More whispering of Satan! Go away!"
    In your mind all creationists are pseudoscientists? Well I'm not surprised.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 09:43
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    In your mind all creationists are pseudoscientists? Well I'm not surprised.
    Every creationist referring to science to prove their religion is a pseudo scientist.
    Creationism is not science, but pseudo-science.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 09:46
    Give me one example of evidence for evolution that is not made by means of inference and then we can move along with the discussion.
    Why are you asking me for evidence of something?
    This is your thread.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 09:59
    Evidence is in the eye of the beholder. What one person considers evidence another may not.

Funny how the topic of this thread gets played out by those who disagree.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 10:05
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Evidence is in the eye of the beholder. What one person considers evidence another may not.

What would you class as evidence in order to help dj2becker with his OP and in answering FMF's question to him on page one?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:04

You say that evidence based truths doesn't exist?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:22
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    You say that evidence based truths doesn't exist?
    I say what you call evidence based truth is circular reasoning by true believers.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:23
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What would you class as evidence in order to help dj2becker with his OP and in answering FMF's question to him on page one?
    All of creation is evidence of God's hand.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:351 edit
    I say what you call evidence based truth is circular reasoning by true believers.
    You are a true believer, then you use evidence based circular reasoning?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:39
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 11:57
    Is it true that no scientist who is an atheist will stumble upon evidence for creation and neither will a scientist that believes in creation stumble upon evidence for evolution? The reason being you will only 'find' what you are looking for. So where is the objectivity? A scientist that presupposes evolution will look at the same evidence as a scientist that presupposes creation and they will reach different conclusions.
    Lies!

We are all open to evidence and ideas that we disbelieve and reject.

Except for Christians. They all have closed minds.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:22
    Why are you asking me for evidence of something?
    This is your thread.
    You said an inference is not 'evidence' itself. So what then is 'evidence' itself?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:281 edit
    Anything that exists that exhibits characteristics of design and therefore inspires confidence in a 'creator' I would classify as evidence for creation. Look at your own body Dive and tell me honestly whether or not you think it exhibits any characteristics of design.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 12:561 edit
    You said an inference is not 'evidence' itself. So what then is 'evidence' itself?
    Here is a definition I would subscribe to. I'll await your version.

evidence: noun

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
    "the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
    synonyms: proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, authentication, attestation, documentation

Courtesy of google.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree