http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews319.html

(sorry, sorry, sorry...)
    Here's more:

http://kpnemo.ru/media/images/monkey.jpg
  3. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 16:031 edit
    first post, not really funny but at least not offensive. second post, looks like dj2becker?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 21:04
    Speaking of evolution, anyone able to identify from whom the following quotes originated?

"The two sides share a common set of questions and, in important respects, common solutions," and (they are) "rival religious responses to a crisis of faith -- rival stories of origins, rival judgments about the meaning of human life, rival sets of moral dictates, and above all what theologians call rival eschatologies -- pictures of the future and of what lies ahead for humankind."
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 22:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Speaking of evolution, anyone able to identify from whom the following quotes originated?

"The two sides share a common set of questions and, in important respects, common solutions," and (they are) "rival religious responses to a crisis of faith -- rival stories of origins, rival judgments about the meaning of human life, rival sets of moral dictates, ...[text shortened]... ns call rival eschatologies -- pictures of the future and of what lies ahead for humankind."
    It was Michael Ruse.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Feb '06 22:06
    Originally posted by telerion
    It was Michael Ruse.
    Exactly.
  7. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 01:19
    I thought evolution was a bad joke, people don't take it seriously do they?
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 02:04
    Originally posted by princeoforange
    Why is evolution always paired against religion?
    In a way that no other area of science seems to be. Where are the anti-physicists, or anti-chemists ...?

To answer your question, the only people I know that take evolution seriously are the thoughtful, rational, reasoning, well-educated people. There's probably not many of them ....
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 02:30
    Originally posted by amannion
    Why is evolution always paired against religion?
    In a way that no other area of science seems to be. Where are the anti-physicists, or anti-chemists ...?

To answer your question, the only people I know that take evolution seriously are the thoughtful, rational, reasoning, well-educated people. There's probably not many of them ....
    and certainly not the unthinking "princeoforange".
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 08:04
    I thought you were a bad joke, people dont take your posts seriously do they ?
  11. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 18:42
    Originally posted by amannion
    Well if you prefer to believe that you came into existance through random chance by various improvements of bacteria and small invertibrates then you are rather foolish. For the record, your dubbing evolution as "science" is a misconception, there is no evidence to back it up which is why you had to resort to ridiculing my ideas rather than coming up with a sensible counter-argument.
  12. Gangster Land
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 19:50
    Well if you prefer to believe that you came into existance through random chance by various improvements of bacteria and small invertibrates then you are rather foolish. For the record, your dubbing evolution as "science" is a misconception, there is no evidence to back it up which is why you had to resort to ridiculing my ideas rather than coming up with a sensible counter-argument.
    I don't recall you presenting any ideas to ridicule, first of all. Secondly, how old are you?

TheSkipper
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 21:30
    What planet do you actually live on?

Where I come from - the planet Earth - there are thousands of independently verified scientific experiments that confirm the existence of evolutionary changes in species.

Your world must be a very strange and lonely place ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree