1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Apr '15 22:38
    Suzianne, do you think Hillary Clinton as president will improve america? Do you think she will improve the world? (warning, traps and hidden agendas a plenty).
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 01:492 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Suzianne, do you think Hillary Clinton as president will improve america? Do you think she will improve the world? (warning, traps and hidden agendas a plenty).
    Hillary has the potential to improve conditions for the average American, as put forward by her campaign theme. Whether her opponents or her baggage disables her from doing so remains to be seen. And last I checked, the world doesn't vote in American elections.

I'm over 35, should I be her running mate? 🙂

(Hillary may prefer Madame President, but I like Ms. President.)

(I promise to release a swimsuit issue of White House Illustrated.)
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 04:09
    Does the prospect of Hillary Clinton becoming the first women President of the USA touch your spiritual side?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 04:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hillary has the potential to improve conditions for the average American, as put forward by her campaign theme. Whether her opponents or her baggage disables her from doing so remains to be seen. And last I checked, the world doesn't vote in American elections.

(Hillary may prefer Madame Presi ...[text shortened]... s. President.)

I like the idea of that swimsuit issue. It sort of touches my spiritual side plus, however I don't think I could bring myself to vote for her. 😏
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 07:14
    And last I checked, the world doesn't vote in American elections.
    So are you saying that you really don't care whether the world is improved by her winning the election?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 10:48

(Hillary may prefer Madame Presi ...[text shortened]... s. President.)

ill get straight to the point. how do you rationalise your theory that things getting worse in america is a sign of the 'end times', with voting in an election, with the hope that it will improve america?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So are you saying that you really don't care whether the world is improved by her winning the election?
    I'm saying that the world shouldn't exactly expect it to improve the world. She's not running for World President.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 23:391 edit
    ill get straight to the point. how do you rationalise your theory that things getting worse in america is a sign of the 'end times', with voting in an election, with the hope that it will improve america?
    We have to do what we can, when we can, while we can still do it.

If you were being told that your newborn child will die sometime before age 20, would you cease loving this child? Would you just not bother making this child's day-to-day existence as good as you can until then?

In the same way, if you think that Christians should just throw up their hands and say "Aww, to hell with it then" and not continue the work to help disadvantaged people, to feed the poor, to house the homeless, to bring God to the hopeless, to help the disabled find jobs, to help newlyweds afford their first home, to help veterans returning from war reintegrate into society, then you have a very twisted idea of what Christians are about.

It doesn't matter what we think about the future. We should still strive to help these people NOW, while we still can. And these things are a very real and very immediate way we can help improve America. You're gonna have to put me in jail to keep me from doing what I can to help whoever I can help. Improving the lives of Americans IS improving America.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 00:24

If you were being told that your newborn child will die sometime before age 20, would you cease loving this child? Would you just not bother making this child's day-to-day existence as good as you can until then?

In the same way, if you think that Christians should just throw up their ...[text shortened]... g what I can to help whoever I can help. Improving the lives of Americans IS improving America.
    But when people need help, why does the word Christian have to come into it? Why not EVERYONE help, regardless of religion, political parties, etc.?

I gather you don't think atheists capable of being compassionate but Christians, just by the fact they are Christians, are by definition, compassionate. And other religions, therefore, are not. And atheists, never.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 00:422 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But when people need help, why does the word Christian have to come into it? Why not EVERYONE help, regardless of religion, political parties, etc.?

I gather you don't think atheists capable of being compassionate but Christians, just by the fact they are Christians, are by definition, compassionate. And other religions, therefore, are not. And atheists, never.
    Do you think that maybe, just maybe, before you go off half-cocked, you could understand the question before you try to destroy the answer?

He was asking me, not atheists, not anyone of another religion, just me. And I happen to be a Christian. A Christian who believes in the Book of Revelation and its 'end times' prophecies. AND I don't think atheists, OR those of other religions are going to be believing in 'end times' in the first place. Is that good enough for you?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 05:25
    I'm saying that the world shouldn't exactly expect it to improve the world. She's not running for World President.
    Does that mean you cannot comment as to whether her winning would improve the world? It was you being asked in the OP, not the world.

And whether or not the world gets a vote, the world can certainly speculate as to whether or not the world is better off with certain individuals as president of the US.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 05:29
    Improving the lives of Americans IS improving America.
    I think what stellspalfie is saying is that you have claimed:
    1. America is declining, therefore the end times are nigh.
    and now:
    2. Hillary may win thus improving America, contradicting 1.

He is asking how you resolve the apparent contradiction.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 06:23

In the same way, if you think that Christians should just throw up their ...[text shortened]... g what I can to help whoever I can help. Improving the lives of Americans IS improving America.
    Then don't vote for any Democrat for President this time. That is not going to improve America. Believe me.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 06:27
    Do you think that maybe, just maybe, before you go off half-cocked, you could understand the question before you try to destroy the answer?

He was asking me, not atheists, not anyone of another religion, just me. And I happen to be a Christian. A Christian who believes in the Book of Revelation and its 'end times' prophecies. AND I don't think atheist ...[text shortened]... gions are going to be believing in 'end times' in the first place. Is that good enough for you?
    Do you believe the Antichrist will be a Muslim?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 09:57
    not a spirituality topic

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree