1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 01:191 edit
    I have been over these forums for a couple months now. The reason for this thread is to let all know where I stand, that is if anyone cares. The reason for the title of this thread is because I can relate to those who do not believe in God due to what I believe, is traditional and erroneous bible doctrine. My disclaimer is no, I don't know it all. In fact, I confess I know very little of the bible. Even after 35 years of study. But I know this stuff I read here isn't right either.
    I will attempt to list a few of these doctrines to show what I mean, but due to the length, I'll address just one for now. This has been a pet peeve for me for a long time.

1. God who is all good and in Him is no darkness at all(meaning no evil) would torture all non-Christians to eternal suffering.
    If I am a logical person, I stop and think. Hmmm God is all good = eternal torment forever. Not to mention excruciating pain. Ever burn your hand by accident?
    This is talking about your whole body.
    In flames.
    Forever!
    God is good? This contradicts His nature.
    I could see why people might reject a God like that....
    BTW....this is not what the bible teaches. I know the verses people use. They are out of context.

Ezek 28:18
    18 "You defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your trading; therefore I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you.
    (NKJ)

This is directed at satan in the future. Notice he is turned to ashes. It is a byproduct of burning. I know. I have seen things burn before.I am sure you have too. Make sense?

These people ignore the bible truth that you would need eternal life to burn forever. Jesus said if you don't trust/accept Him. you perish.

John 3:16
    16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    (NKJ)

It does not say "should live in hell forever", but perish, as in dead.

He also said, He that has the Son has life, He that does not, does not have life.

I Jn 5:12
    12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
    (NKJ)

So how are you going to burn forever if you are dead?

Most of the time the word hell appears in the bible, the word would more properly be translated "grave". It is the word Hades or Ghenna.
    A good article on this can be found here...
    http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=455
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 01:58
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have been over these forums for a couple months now. The reason for this thread is to let all know where I stand, that is if anyone cares. The reason for the title of this thread is because I can relate to those who do not believe in God due to what I believe, is traditional and erroneous bible doctrine. My disclaimer is no, I don't know it all. In f ...[text shortened]... can be found here...
    What you are presenting here is the so called (theological) Annihilation Theory, right ?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 04:57
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have been over these forums for a couple months now. The reason for this thread is to let all know where I stand, that is if anyone cares. The reason for the title of this thread is because I can relate to those who do not believe in God due to what I believe, is traditional and erroneous bible doctrine. My disclaimer is no, I don't know it all. In f ...[text shortened]... can be found here...
    personally i think the annihilationists' strongest arguments come on moral grounds. after all, for those who claim that God is morally perfect, how is moral perfection compatible with the willful infliction of everlasting torture? last i checked, might doesn't make right; so to maintain coherency between moral perfection and everlasting torture, it seems there needs to be an argument outlining how one may, at least in principle, be deserving of eternal punishment. i have never seen such an argument.

also, it should be noted that at the moment of this posting, Ivanhoe has exactly 666 recs.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 05:09
    Originally posted by LemonJello

also, it should be noted that at the moment of this posting, Ivanhoe has exactly 666 recs.
    And God willing it will stay that way. Hopefully everybody will have enough sense not to give him any more pity recs.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 05:25
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Is it 1000 days or 1000 years in which he is supposed to reveal himself?
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 05:59
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Is it 1000 days or 1000 years in which he is supposed to reveal himself?
    or is it 1000 recs?
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 06:01
    Originally posted by howardgee
    or is it 1000 recs?
    Ooh, sinister!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree