1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't have children. I was told that "God" was real and it has had no negative effect on me. I can now choose not to believe if I want to.
    No, you can't.

You editted your response right as I quoted it. It also said something like "I like you experience". Why remove such a positive footnote?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 18:422 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    No, you can't.
    I rejected Christianity at 16 and left home at 18 was a professed atheist and even when I met my now wife I refused to be married as it was a religious concept. I didn't return to religion for nearly a decade. By the way, parents don't tell their kids cartoons (Snow white you mentioned) are real - they tell their kids Santa is real when they know he isn't - it is therefore lying to your children.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 18:44
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    No, you can't.

You editted your response right as I quoted it. It also said something like "I like you experience". Why remove such a positive footnote?
    Because it was grammatically incorrect.

I, like (in your) experience, was told something by my parents. I.e. It was similar.

I do like your experience though, you are happy with it,
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 19:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Believing that God is a fairy tale is the damage being done today.

Believing that there is no higher power in the universe than oneself is the damage being done today.

Believing that there are no consequences for one's own actions is the damage being done today.
    Agree.
    Pantheism is everywhere.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 21:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    1.Believing that God is a fairy tale is the damage being done today.

2. Believing that there is no higher power in the universe than oneself is the damage being done today.

3. Believing that there are no consequences for one's own actions is the damage being done today.
    1. Any proof? All proof points to the contray.

2. Ditto.

3. Completely unrelated to my post, the opening post or anything said thus far.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree