1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '07 13:30
    Will everyone please pray that Teuflesberg wins the Kentucky Derby today. God bless you.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Will everyone please pray that Teuflesberg wins the Kentucky Derby today. God bless you.
    Lord, if it be your will, fill Teuflesberg's jockey with the spirit to whip that beast something furious, as if he were driving Heaven's chariot itself, the very one that carried Elijah home. Amen.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:48
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Lord, if it be your will, fill Teuflesberg's jockey with the spirit to whip that beast something furious, as if he were driving Heaven's chariot itself, the very one that carried Elijah home. Amen.
    How can he lose with a prayer like that!
  4. The sky
    Moves
    05 May '07 14:51
    That sounds diabolic.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 16:291 edit
    Lord, if kirksey decides to share his winnings with all who post on this thread, please let him win the Derby!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 May '07 17:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    Lord, if kirksey decides to share his winnings with all who post on this thread, please let him win the Derby!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Count your blessings and be thankful for what you have. The wisdom the Reverend shares daily in this forum is more valuable than any share of the prize money.
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 May '07 17:41
    They better fodder the mudders...
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 18:592 edits
    The concepts of praying for personal or material gain confuses me. What's up with that? You seem to have hit the "daily double" with this one. Compounded with enlisting the help of others....
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:22
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The concepts of praying for personal or material gain confuses me. What's up with that? You seem to have hit the "daily double" with this one. Compounded with enlisting the help of others....
    There is no personal or material gain on this for me. It is all spiritual gain. I was captivated by the story of this young female trainer who as a little girl was asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. She said she wanted to ride in the Kentucky Derby. She was told that she should try to do something else with her life. She has a "dime store" horse that cost $9,000. She is up against Nieman Marcus horses. Jesus told a parable about the "pearl of great price" and I think this story sort of fits into that mold.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 19:58
    There is no personal or material gain on this for me. It is all spiritual gain. I was captivated by the story of this young female trainer who as a little girl was asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. She said she wanted to ride in the Kentucky Derby. She was told that she should try to do something else with her life. She has a "dime store" ...[text shortened]... parable about the "pearl of great price" and I think this story sort of fits into that mold.
    Appreciate the clarification.

Though I must admit that I'd include praying for "worldly achievement" as confusing also. ๐Ÿ™‚ So, if you'd be so kind: What's up with that?

I guess when it comes down to it, only prayers for spiritual guidance make sense to me. Or to a lesser degree, prayer of thanks for spiritual guidance that has been given.
  11. USA
    Moves
    05 May '07 20:01
    who cares about the Kentucky Derby anyway. BAH!๐Ÿ˜ 
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '07 21:42
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    That sounds diabolic.
    Maybe even TRIabolic๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree