1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 08:46
    @suzianne said
    Good for you.

Your "dissonance" is manufactured for purpose.
    Why did you get so upset with mister moggy pushing back against lemondrop's glib atheist joke?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 07:171 edit
    @suzianne said
    One could say the same about you and your belief that there is no hell or hellfire. You take every opportunity to attack anyone you perceive as disagreeing with you about it. You calling someone else's beliefs "cherished" and "fragile" is the height of hypocrisy.
    My cherished beliefs are not fragile, I’m quite open to them being challenge. I’m not sure what evidence you have to support your view to the contrary???

I take every opportunity to attack the doctrine of death, eternal suffering. I do this directly with the poster in question irrespective of who they are. I do it to their face while they are alive not posthumously, after they are not around to take offence.

Your third point is just a fart in the wind, it’s so obviously not true,
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 14:54
    @divegeester said
    My cherished beliefs are not fragile, I’m quite open to them being challenge. I’m not sure what evidence you have to support your view to the contrary???

I take every opportunity to attack the doctrine of death, eternal suffering. I do this directly with the poster in question irrespective of who they are. I do it to their face while they are alive not posthumously, af ...[text shortened]... around to take offence.

Translation: You attack posters who do not believe as you do.

That's what I said.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 21:48
    @suzianne said
    What is it you do?
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    03 Apr '20 22:32
    @divegeester said

I take every opportunity to attack the doctrine of death, eternal suffering. I do this directly with the poster in question irrespective of who they are. I do it to their face while they are alive not posthumously, af ...[text shortened]... around to take offence.

So what do you think happens to heathens like me who don't tick all the boxes in the afterlife? If not eternal suffering (phew, that's a relief) then what? There must be some benefit to having been a good Christian, so what do you think it is?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 17:43
    @suzianne said

That's what I said.
    Well you constantly attack me for not believing as you do, it’s as though it is your mission here.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '20 17:45
    @indonesia-phil said
    So what do you think happens to heathens like me who don't tick all the boxes in the afterlife? If not eternal suffering (phew, that's a relief) then what? There must be some benefit to having been a good Christian, so what do you think it is?
    The benefit, and i am speaking completely academically, is to have the knowledge of God, the experience of the spirit and a walk of life that is set aside to do the will of God in the here and now. There is also significant evidence in scripture of a reward in heaven.

No one gets tortured.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Apr '20 20:39
    @divegeester said
    The benefit, and i am speaking completely academically, is to have the knowledge of God, the experience of the spirit and a walk of life that is set aside to do the will of God in the here and now. There is also significant evidence in scripture of a reward in heaven.

No one gets tortured.
    Thanks for the answer.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '20 21:46
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks for the answer.
    You’re welcome Phil.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 07:36
    @divegeester said
    There is also significant evidence in scripture of a reward in heaven.
    There is also significant evidence in scripture of some
    unknown scribe saying that there is a reward in heaven.

fix'd
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '20 07:53
    @wolfgang59 said
    There is also significant evidence in scripture of some
    unknown scribe saying that there is a reward in heaven.

fix'd
    Not really.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree