1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 01:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I thought you were living in California.
    Not me. I'm in Vancouver Wa only because my families here, other wise I'd be back in Texas.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 01:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You could look at it in that way for some amendments, like the 2nd. However, Christ came to fulfill the law, not to change it. Whereas, not all the amendments to the constitution was for the purpose of fulfillment and clarification. 😏
    Maybe sometime we will talk about this more.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 01:591 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But in reality the Bible is not open to inerpretation even though that happens and this is why there are hundreds of millions of interpretations.
    God had the Bible written in such a way for a certian reason. Do you not think that he could have it written so every human could easliy understand it? Of course he could have. But he didn't and that was for t.
    It makes no sence for God to have the Bible written in a confusing way without a reason.
    If you can be honest with yourself, you'll understand that yours is just one interpretation of many. Just because the Watchtower Society has determined which parts to accept and which to reject for you, doesn't mean that it wasn't done. Hopefully someday you'll allow the light of truth to shine upon this fact. This seems unlikely having witnessed how you and RC and, by inference, other JWs keep each other in darkness by stroking one another's egos. It never ceases to amaze me how much you and especially RC think so much more highly of yourselves than is warranted.

The truth will make you free.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 04:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If you can be honest with yourself, you'll understand that yours is just one interpretation of many. Just because the Watchtower Society has determined which parts to accept and which to reject for you, doesn't mean that it wasn't done. Hopefully someday you'll allow the light of truth to shine upon this fact. This seems unlikely having witnessed how you ...[text shortened]... hink so much more highly of yourselves than is warranted.

The truth will make you free.
    BUT the point your missing and that no other Christian religion can agree with, is agreeing even within their churches about the Bible. Not one of any of the other so called Christian religions agrees. BUT we do. We all do. Everyone of us agrees and that has to say something even if you don't acknowledge that fact.
    This full and complete agrement among his followers was clearly explained by Jesus himself. If that were not to be true, he would not have said that but would have said "just do the best you can and don't worry about the specifics" right??? Hardly.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 19:534 edits
    BUT the point your missing and that no other Christian religion can agree with, is agreeing even within their churches about the Bible. Not one of any of the other so called Christian religions agrees. BUT we do. We all do. Everyone of us agrees and that has to say something even if you don't acknowledge that fact.
    This full and complete agrement amon ...[text shortened]... ld have said "just do the best you can and don't worry about the specifics" right??? Hardly.
    Since you didn't address it, I'll take it that you understand that yours is just one interpretation of many. In your case an interpretation where the Watchtower Society has determined for you which parts of the Bible to accept and which to reject.

Not one of any of the other so called Christian religions agrees. BUT we do. We all do. Everyone of us agrees and that has to say something even if you don't acknowledge that fact.

While that seems to be a distinction that the Watchtower Society likes to make, the reality seems to be something else. For example, from what I gather the majority of JWs do not, in any way, participate in Lent or pre-Lenten celebrations such as Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, etc. However this is not true of all JWs.

This full and complete agrement among his followers was clearly explained by Jesus himself. If that were not to be true, he would not have said that but would have said "just do the best you can and don't worry about the specifics" right??? Hardly.

From what I gather, the Watchtower Society brand of "full and complete agreement" is something other than what Jesus had in mind. For what Jesus had in mind there would be no changes in doctrine, followers would no longer commit sin, etc. In short, all the "full and complete agreement" would be a natural result of all of His followers having become one with God as He was one with God. It would not be the result of disfellowshipment and the threat of disfellowshipment.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 20:37
    Since you didn't address it, I'll take it that you understand that yours is just one interpretation of many. In your case an interpretation where the Watchtower Society has determined for you which parts of the Bible to accept and which to reject.

[b]Not one of any of the other so called Christian religions agrees. BUT we do. We all do. Everyone of us ...[text shortened]... . It would not be the result of disfellowshipment and the threat of disfellowshipment.
    You believe and understand what you want. I've been a JW all my life and know the facts. Sorry you don't see that.
    Now back to the thread if that's ok?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 20:56
    You believe and understand what you want. I've been a JW all my life and know the facts. Sorry you don't see that.
    Now back to the thread if that's ok?
    I can understand if you don't want to address my points on this thread. I started a new one entitled "JWs have "full and complete" agreement ?". You can address them there.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 21:10
    I can understand if you don't want to address my points on this thread. I started a new one entitled "JWs have "full and complete" agreement ?". You can address them there.
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree