1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 19:031 edit
    didnt anybody else apart from me find the behavior of the audience, particularly the christians to be rude and childish? several times during the debate dawkins made comments in which he was trying to explain or explore complex issues in a quick and simple way for the purposes of the debate to which the audience responded by laughing at him like he was stupid. i thought it showed a distinct lack of respect, especially as half the time it was the audience that did not have the intelligence to follow what he was saying. the question in which dawkins was trying to explain that scientists were looking at what exactly 'nothing' is, had part of the audience laughing so rudely (rather than giving him a chance to explain) that he even had to make a point of asking what they are laughing at, to point out their rude behavior. i noticed they were not laughing at pell when he mumbled and bumbled his way through stuff he should have had a clear opinion about and i dont recall any of the athiests laughing at pell either. isnt the mocking tone used by the audience and to a lesser degree pell going against christian values?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 20:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    didnt anybody else apart from me find the behavior of the audience, particularly the christians to be rude and childish? several times during the debate dawkins made comments in which he was trying to explain or explore complex issues in a quick and simple way for the purposes of the debate to which the audience responded by laughing at him like he was ...[text shortened]... mocking tone used by the audience and to a lesser degree pell going against christian values?
    isnt the mocking tone used by the audience and to a lesser degree pell going against christian values?

Not based on my experience.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 00:07
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    didnt anybody else apart from me find the behavior of the audience, particularly the christians to be rude and childish? several times during the debate dawkins made comments in which he was trying to explain or explore complex issues in a quick and simple way for the purposes of the debate to which the audience responded by laughing at him like he was ...[text shortened]... mocking tone used by the audience and to a lesser degree pell going against christian values?
    It tends to happen when you write a book mocking an entire religion. Although I do not agree with them laughing, it is not surprising it happened. Perhaps Dawkins can write another book about the mocking Christians and have it co-authored by TOO for his second book attacking Christianity.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 01:39
    actually, it's very informative. it's describes the mental state of the believers vs the atheists. in this group, the atheists came out as the more mature and well informed than their religious counterparts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree