1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 17:56
    Let us observe that it is extremely unlikely that anybody here will convert to the faith of another or reject their own in one giant leap. If any progress is to be made, it will occur in small steps. Under this premise, I introduce The Bargaining Table.

Here, Spirituality forum participants may haggle and negotiate deals to further their causes of conversion or rejection. For example, I envision exchanges of this sort:

Theist: Go to church every week.
    Atheist: Never. Read and analyze Bertrand Russell's writings.
    Theist: No. I'll tell you what. If you go to one church service this Sunday and ask to be Baptized, I will agree to skim Why I am not a Christian.
    Atheist: Well, I'll give you the service, but not baptism, and you have to agree to fully read and give a report on your analysis of the essay.
    Theist: If you'll give a report on the sermon, we'll have a deal.
    Atheist: Deal. Let us meet in the Spirituality forum next Sunday evening to disucss our findings.

So, who's ready to make some progress?

Dr. S
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:12
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Let us observe that it is extremely unlikely that anybody here will convert to the faith of another or reject their own in one giant leap. If any progress is to be made, it will occur in small steps. Under this premise, I introduce The Bargaining Table.

Here, Spirituality forum participants may haggle and negotiate deals to further their causes ...[text shortened]... next Sunday evening to disucss our findings.

So, who's ready to make some progress?

Dr. S
    Interesting idea. As I've already got my project analyzing Daniel, I don't think I am ready to take on more responseability at this time.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:13
    I'm in for the Atheists, match me up good doctor.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:16
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I'm in for the Atheists, match me up good doctor.
    OK, give me some idea of what you're willing to offer and what you'd like in return.

Would you be willing to kneel and pray at bedtime each night for a week?
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:20
    OK, give me some idea of what you're willing to offer and what you'd like in return.

Would you be willing to kneel and pray at bedtime each night for a week?
    I feel that would already require a belief. Besides, should I not say what I would like my counterpart to do and then wait for a reply from the other side?
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:23
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I feel that would already require a belief. Besides, should I not say what I would like my counterpart to do and then wait for a reply from the other side?
    Sure, that works. We can make it like a want ad.

Wanted: One theist willing to suspend his faith for one week. Price -- negotiable.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:261 edit
    Sure, that works. We can make it like a want ad.

Wanted: One theist willing to suspend his faith for one week. Price -- negotiable.
    Cool okay lets go with this:

Theist wanted for exchange of knowledge, must have GSOH and be willing to try out new things. Would be required to read "Atheism: The case against God" by George H Smith and write a short essay criticising the views layed out within it O.N.O. Dressing up and extras optional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree