Yes it does....
    Anything can "bring deceit".
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 01:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely there can be promiscuity without deceit, just as there can be promiscuity with deceit?
    Nope. Your wrong. Even if you don't decieve another with some action that is considered wrong such as fornication, you are only decieving yourself.
    "What a man sows, he will also reap."
    If one lives a lifestyle that goes agains God and his designs for humans, he will suffer for it in the long run. Either physically, mentally, spiritually or all the above.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 01:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Nope. Your wrong. Even if you don't decieve another with some action that is considered wrong such as fornication, you are only decieving yourself.
    Not necessarily. It is of course possible that people can deceive themselves in their relationships with people, but one certainly cannot make a blanket statement about how sexual activity "brings deceit".
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 01:51
    If one lives a lifestyle that goes agains God and his designs for humans, he will suffer for it in the long run. Either physically, mentally, spiritually or all the above.
    I think people can ignore what you claim God's "designs for humans" are, without suffering "physically, mentally, spiritually".
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 01:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not necessarily. It is of course possible that people can deceive themselves in their relationships with people, but one certainly cannot make a blanket statement about how sexual activity "brings deceit".
    Probably not in a normal relationship that God designed. Anything other then that is never good in God's eyes other wise he would have told the first humans to do whatever they wanted.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 01:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think people can ignore what you claim God's "designs for humans" are, without suffering "physically, mentally, spiritually".
    What you think is fine for you. Go for it. But one can never ignor God's rules or you will suffer in someway, somehow in the future.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:02
    But one can never ignor God's rules or you will suffer in someway, somehow in the future.
    I think people can ignore many of the things you claim are "God's rules". I am not suggesting that you do. What you think is fine for you, go for it, like I said. But your blanket statements do not ring true as far as I am concerned. I have known too many good people who did not "suffer in someway, somehow" on account of not following all the things you claim are "God's rules".
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But promiscuity brings deceit.
    Perhaps in your experience but not mine.
    And therefore you cannot make a global statement like that.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think people can ignore many of the things you claim are "God's rules". I am not suggesting that you do. What you think is fine for you, go for it, like I said. But your blanket statements do not ring true as far as I am concerned. I have known too many good people who did not "suffer in someway, somehow" on account of not following all the things you claim are "God's rules".
    At least what you know of? I know it's a fact.....I also know the Bible does not lie.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:09
    Anything other [than a normal relationship that God designed] then that is never good in God's eyes other wise he would have told the first humans to do whatever they wanted.
    That you claim something is "never good in God's eyes" is all well and good, and I am not suggesting that you should live by any other code than the one you choose to live by, but it does not mean that what is not a "normal relationship" in your personal view will necessarily "bring deceit". People clearly can live good, fulfilling and honest lives without necessarily paying attention to many of the things you assert that "God designed".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:151 edit
    At least what you know of?
    Yes, we are both discussing what "at least [we] know of" here. Not just me, but you also. And what I "know" - according to my own experience and observations - is that your blanket statements and assertions about the consequences of having different beliefs from you and a different code for living than you, do not seem valid. Your generalizations don't work as far as I am concerned.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:24
    I also know the Bible does not lie.
    What does the Bible say about the sexual relationships of people who have never heard of the Bible, or for cultural or geographical reasons they have no reason to revere that particular literature, and yet they live virtuous, honest and compassionate lives nevertheless?
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 02:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But promiscuity brings deceit.
    Not really. Some people are slutty and they know it (as does everyone else).
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 04:071 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does the Bible say about the sexual relationships of people who have never heard of the Bible, or for cultural or geographical reasons they have no reason to revere that particular literature, and yet they live virtuous, honest and compassionate lives nevertheless?
    God knows and see's everyone on the planet and knows their situation much more then we could ever imagine.
    And he knows their heart and mental condition. That's why he is the judge of all, not us.
    So if they have never heard of him or have never seen a Bible, he knows that. But he created us all and the same results will happen to any of us.
    We all reap what we sow and will answer to him.

Galatians 6:7-9
    New Living Translation (NLT)

7 Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. 8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 04:10
    So if [people] have never heard of him or have never seen a Bible, he knows that. But he created us all and the same results will happen to any of us.
    This contradicts things that the Watchtower magazine says.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree