1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 12:18
    I've read both, and the Urantia Book makes more sense by a country mile. The Urantia Book paints a rational picture, where the Bible paints a confusing, and non inspirational picture of the nature of things. The Urantia Book has only been around since the early 1950's.
    Can you imagine what the attitude was when people first read the first Bible ? Most could never understand it to begin with. From what I understand the Bible was not meant for the common man. It was meant for the leaders of the church not the everyday Joe looking for Truth. The Urantia Book might be a hoax, but it sure seems like a more inspired book than the Bible. Give the Urantia Book a fair chance, and I think you might be surprised as to it's content. I was.
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 16:43
    Originally posted by buckky
    I've read both, and the Urantia Book makes more sense by a country mile. The Urantia Book paints a rational picture, where the Bible paints a confusing, and non inspirational picture of the nature of things. The Urantia Book has only been around since the early 1950's.
    Can you imagine what the attitude was when people first read the first Bible ? Most could ...[text shortened]... the Urantia Book a fair chance, and I think you might be surprised as to it's content. I was.
    Not all that glitters is gold.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 17:25
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Not all that glitters is gold.
    Meaning what ? Do you mean even though the Bible does not glitter it might be the real McCoy ? You would think it would glitter being the word of God and all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree