1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 20:49
    Where are the Christians here to defend the validity of the Bible? I am maintaining that the Bible has been pieced together from ancient texts.

Why should anyone trust that the Bible is real, that our 'Creator' is properly depicted, and that Jesus may be a fictional character taken from centuries earlier?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 20:55
    Is it really plausible that the creator of all will get angry? Jealous? And kill all mankind because of his own mistake? Not likely.

Something is wrong.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 21:153 edits
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The entire Bible seems to be re-written from past accounts, including Jesus.
    And that is one of the reasons I believe it to be true.

1. Any fool can sit down and write about himself or herself or a religion. But it speaks volumes when a number of people bear witness to a person rather than it all coming from only one source, and then a religion evolving from it. They also do this in a court of law. You would rather have witnesses to the person rather than the person lying to bolster their own position. In this respect, the Bible is unique. The religions that I stay away from are religions who have one person sit down to revise the Bible. It simply does not work that way. This can be said about such religions as Islam, Mormonism, JW's, etc.

Not only do we have eye witness accounts in the Old Testament, but we have prophecy after prophecy that talks about the coming Messiah. Reading Isaiah 53 you can only come to one of two conclusions. It was speaking about Jesus Christ, or the NT was written to match Isaiah 53. If the later, why would God will to harm a righteous man in Isaiah 53? It is the first time in the Bible where we see that, and the only time following.

2. If God is real, then I would think that any religion that is somewhat ancient is a possible candidate for the truth. Off the top of my head, I can think of Hinduism and the Hebrew God. Those religions that have died off, such as the Greek and Roman gods, are obviously false, and I see no reason why God would suddenly jump on the scene today after centuries of ignoring human beings.

3. The message seems right. The words of Jesus are like no other and those words bear witness to many as being true. To the followers of Jesus, his words are infectious and with no substitute.

4. Historical truth. There is Biblical archeology that has sprung up from the pages of the Bible. These are not religious zealots, rather, they are simply archeologists who have enough respect for the veracity of scripture that they have dedicated a whole branch of archeology to studying the words of the Bible to help them on their digs.

5. The resurrection. I am reminded of the movie "Case for Christ" where a man named Lee Strobbel was an atheist who was married to someone that converted to Christianity. He did not like it in the least and threatened to leave her, but she would not back down. Instead of leaving her, however, he chose to disprove the resurrection story. He thought it would be easy since he was an investigative reporter for a living. The more he dug, however, the more he realized that the story seemed to be accurate and he converted. You could probably find the movie on Netflix if interested.

4. The testimony of other Christians. Seeing how peoples lives have changed is nothing short of miraculous. I've witnessed complete transformations that are inexplicable once people come to Christ.

5. Seeing God work in your own life. There are things that happen that become inexplicable. I think once you see enough evidences in your own life, there is no going back.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 21:45
    Originally posted by whodey

1. Any fool can sit down and write about himself or herself or a religion. But it speaks volumes when a number of people bear witness to a person rather than it all coming from only one source, and then a religion evolving from it. They also do this in a court of law. You would rather have witness ...[text shortened]... e inexplicable. I think once you see enough evidences in your own life, there is no going back.
    Your post does not address the character of God in the Bible, which seems man made. A 'God' would not act so immature. Not to mention that the story of Jesus seems to be taken from previous accounts of earlier cultures.

The story of Gilgamesh for example negates the Noah story.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 21:58
    Originally posted by whodey

1. Any fool can sit down and write about himself or herself or a religion. But it speaks volumes when a number of people bear witness to a person rather than it all coming from only one source, and then a religion evolving from it. They also do this in a court of law. You would rather have witness ...[text shortened]... e inexplicable. I think once you see enough evidences in your own life, there is no going back.
    You can watch for free here....
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Case+for+Christ&view=detail&mid=40C9544AEC956121CBF040C9544AEC956121CBF0&FORM=VIRE
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:03
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You can watch for free here....
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Case+for+Christ&view=detail&mid=40C9544AEC956121CBF040C9544AEC956121CBF0&FORM=VIRE
    Checkbaiter, the Bible is full of holes. Not to mention that God's character in the OT was absurd. It needed help, hence the arrival of Jesus to upgrade the mean spirited, murdering God.

Something is wrong here.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:13
    P.S. dive does not count in this discussion, as he is a fraud Christian.

His words are horrific, and he should feel shame, but his huge ego won't allow it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:17
    You don't have to. Is your ego so big that you think I created a thread for dive's opinion?

You are not rhp dive. Get over yourself.
    Are you saying certain posters are excluded from posting in this thread?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you saying certain posters are excluded from posting in this thread?
    Yes. Dive is excluded from this thread.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:30
    Yes. Dive is excluded from this thread.
    Why am I excluded?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:33
    Why am I excluded?
    Because you are a fake Christian.

How can you comment from a fake point of view? You cannot. Please stay away.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:36
    Because you are a fake Christian.

How can you comment from a fake point of view? You cannot. Please stay away.
    But I'm not a fake Christian, you just claim that I am. Am I the only person excluded from your amazing thread?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:39
    But I'm not a fake Christian, you just claim that I am. Am I the only person excluded from your amazing thread?
    You are a fake Christian.

Yourself and FMF are excluded from my thread.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:58
    Checkbaiter, the Bible is full of holes. Not to mention that God's character in the OT was absurd. It needed help, hence the arrival of Jesus to upgrade the mean spirited, murdering God.

Something is wrong here.
    Apparently you have not watched the video.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:04
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Apparently you have not watched the video.
    Can you explain the character of God in the OT. No you cannot. A Creator who is jealous and angry?

If you were honest, you would admit it is flawed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree