1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 22:021 edit
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/2142028-bronze-age-dna-helps-unravel-true-fate-of-biblical-canaanites/

99% of their DNA was found in some people in Lebanon.

I'm not claiming anything here, but don't we share a large proportion of our DNA with flies?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    https://www.newscientist.com/article/2142028-bronze-age-dna-helps-unravel-true-fate-of-biblical-canaanites/

I'm not claiming anything here, but don't we share a large proportion of our DNA with flies?
    This really should not be news to anyone who has actually read the Torah.

We already know the Canaanites were not "wiped out". Even though God called for the Hebrews to do so, the fact remains that it didn't happen and they assimilated into the Hebrew culture and as foretold, the Hebrews paid for it down the line, just as they have paid for all of their disobedience to God from the beginning. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that those who never fully assimilated banded together and moved off into their own community and flourished in another location entirely. I guess one also could make the case that God did them a favor too, as their experience caused them to later adopt Islam and follow Allah, instead of Baal.

It is nice to get a "page 2" to the story, though.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 12:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester

Much of the DNA governs the intracellular activities in our bodies. Therefore we have quite a large part together with flies, pines, jellyfish, dinosaurs, mushrooms, coli bacterias, roses, your neighbor, and pretty much everything else living on our fauna and flora. The cell is more or less working similarly as any other cell.

Do you know that the dog has more chromosomes than you and me?

And you make a claim about the Lebanese people?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 13:26
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Much of the DNA governs the intracellular activities in our bodies. Therefore we have quite a large part together with flies, pines, jellyfish, dinosaurs, mushrooms, coli bacterias, roses, your neighbor, and pretty much everything else living on our fauna and flora. The cell is more or less working similarly as any other cell.

Do you know that the dog has more chromosomes than you and me?

And you make a claim about the Lebanese people?
    What claim? 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree