The case for Adam & Eve.

The case for Adam & Eve.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's incorrect Manny, this should clear it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve#Common_fallacies
"""However nuclear DNA studies indicate that the size of the ancient human population never dropped below some tens of thousands;[9] there were many other women around at Eve's time with descendants alive today, but somewhere in all their lines of descent there is at least one generation with no female offspring (and men do not pass on their mothers' mitochondrial DNA to their children). By contrast, Eve's lines of descent to each person alive today includes at least one line of descent to each person which is purely matrilineal."""

This is quite interesting as it states that the human population has never dropped below some tens of thousands. Hummm..... If not from an original two parents, where did we all begin? From mulitple humans that all evolved from seperate lines that just happened to evolve at the same time and to the same place on earth and that they just happened to be compatible and able to reproduce?
And it says that one generation had no females at all? Humm....How did the human race continue with no females?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by galveston75
No denying that but no species can cross over to another species and reproduce nor do we see any proof at all on this planet that a species is in the middle of some change from one species to another. If evolution were true we should see that all around us. But nada, none, doesn't exist!!!
Actually there are examples that illustrate evolution of species in action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_species

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Actually there are examples that illustrate evolution of species in action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_species
I did read it and maybe you need to reread it. They are still gulls which are still birds. No proof of evolution at all. I'd say good try but it actully is a silly one.
Now show me a gull that somehow mated with a, lets say a bat, that can hunt at night and which would make the gull even a better hunter and then we'll talk.

F

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

Very often I see postings with a text reminding of this: "I don't believe in evolution, because I don't understand it!" Well, I never read this exact formulation, but the very essence is like that.

If you don't understand the meaning of 'species', 'abiogenesis', 'fossils' and such, then don't pretend that you understand evolution, don't even discuss evolution until you know the basis of evolution.

Some creatioinsts believe that the Earth is only thousands of years old, some believes that there were Humans walking around trillions of years ago (hundreds of times older than the Universe itself), some think that written language was invented when Humans began to talk, some believs that Humans are not primates, and criticize evolution because they say that the modern ape was our ancestor (which it is not), that bats got its radar hearing in a jiffie, the human eye is a perfection, and the whole human body is a perfect organism, that Humans is teh end of the evolution and that evolution was programmed to produce Humans.

The very same creationists don't know much of evoution, and put a pride of not open a book of evolution, because they know it all anyway, knowing nothing.

If I told you that god doesn't exist, because I don't know anything about him, and this is a proof that god doesn't exist - I would be laughed at. With a certain right! And yet, creationists use exactly the same argument: "I don't know much about evolution, it just doesn't make sense, so therefore I don't believe in it, it is false." Do we laugh?

Go read up about evolution, then discuss!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Nov 10

I did read it and maybe you need to reread it. They are still gulls which are still birds. No proof of evolution at all. I'd say good try but it actully is a silly one.
Now show me a gull that somehow mated with a, lets say a bat, that can hunt at night and which would make the gull even a better hunter and then we'll talk.
You wanted evidence of a species evolving into another species, the link I gave shows precisely that. Silly? No, silly is thinking that 'bird' is a species.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Very often I see postings with a text reminding of this: "I don't believe in evolution, because I don't understand it!" Well, I never read this exact formulation, but the essence is this.

If you don't understand the meaning of 'species', 'abiogenesis', 'fossils' and such, then don't pretend that you understand evolution, don't even discuss evolution un ...[text shortened]... t, it is false." Do we laugh?

Go read up about evolution, then discuss!
Why would any reasonably wise person that has a decent amount of common sense waist their time persuing energy on something that common sense tells them is not true?
One only has to study it "a little" to see the myriads of problems with it. And then when we ask for proof we are shown some web site that proves it when, again, common sense see the holes in it.
No matter how much you guys play with words, theories, hypotheses, maybes, it could have, we think, we feel it could, etc, etc, etc, the dots just don't line up no matter how much you move them around.
And your so obsessed to make it work you keep overlooking the flaws in the hope that someday you'll find the answers that just don't exist. That is a true a waist of time.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

You wanted evidence of a species evolving into another species, the link I gave shows precisely that. Silly? No, silly is thinking that 'bird' is a species.
Geeez...Unbelieveable.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Nov 10

Geeez...Unbelieveable.
What is it that you find difficult to believe? That I am able to talk to you respectfully despite the fact that I disagree with you?

F

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

Why would any reasonably wise person that has a decent amount of common sense waist their time persuing energy on something that common sense tells them is not true?
And now you demonstrate very clearly what I wrote in my posting.

I don't discuss Marxism, because I don't know much about Marxism.
I don't discuss economy of South-America, becasue I don't know much about economy of South-America.
I don't discuss the trinity idea of Christianity, because I don't know much about the trinity idea of Christianity.
I wouldn't discuss evolution, if I didn't know much about evolution. But this is what creationists do. And still they love to discuss evolution. The result is nothing else that they demonstrate rather clearly their low knowledge about evolution theory.

Please go and read up a little before discussing it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

What is it that you find difficult to believe? That I am able to talk to you respectfully despite the fact that I disagree with you?
No disrespect meant to you at all either but it just amazes me how ones can believe in evolution. Sorry. I have to let it out at times.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
And now you demonstrate very clearly what I wrote in my posting.

I don't discuss Marxism, because I don't know much about Marxism.
I don't discuss economy of South-America, becasue I don't know much about economy of South-America.
I don't discuss the trinity idea of Christianity, because I don't know much about the trinity idea of Christianity.
I wo ...[text shortened]... nowledge about evolution theory.

Please go and read up a little before discussing it.
I don't know much about nuclear bombs but it's a fact they exist.
I don't know much about the ozone layer, but it's a fact it exist.

I will never know all the theories of evolution because I don't have to and that's because the few things I do now are full of wholes.

So what's the point here?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Nov 10

No disrespect meant to you at all either but it just amazes me how ones can believe in evolution. Sorry. I have to let it out at times.
Fair enough. Personally I find it immeasurably more credible than scripture but nevertheless try to remain respectful towards it's proponents while they remain so to myself.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Nov 10

Fair enough. Personally I find it immeasurably more credible than scripture but nevertheless try to remain respectful towards it's proponents while they remain so to myself.
I try to also but sometimes slip. Sorry if I have shown no respect.

F

Moves
21 Nov 10
1 edit

I don't know much about nuclear bombs but it's a fact they exist.
I don't know much about the ozone layer, but it's a fact it exist.

I will never know all the theories of evolution because I don't have to and that's because the few things I do now are full of wholes.

So what's the point here?
You don't deny nuclear bombs, but you do deny evolution.
You don't deny the ozone layer, but you do deny evolution.
You use your very little knowledge about evolution to try to disprove it. You fail.

My point I have already declared.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Nov 10

I try to also but sometimes slip. Sorry if I have shown no respect.
Not a problem, I entirely understand how frustrating and indeed infuriating some of the posters on here can be, myself no doubt included, and we all get snappy from time to time.