Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 25 Nov '13 02:20
    Let's try this again.

    Minimalism, just getting in the door, heaven. Or should we strive to deepen our love for God before we arrive?
  2. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    25 Nov '13 04:24
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Let's try this again.

    Minimalism, just getting in the door, heaven. Or should we strive to deepen our love for God before we arrive?
    You deepen your love because of what he has done. Not deepen your love to get to heaven.
  3. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    25 Nov '13 19:09 / 1 edit
    Pudgenik, for your persistence in the manner of an atonal serialist kicking grimly against the harmonious and melodic pricks, I salute you.
  4. 25 Nov '13 19:16
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Let's try this again.

    Minimalism, just getting in the door, heaven. Or should we strive to deepen our love for God before we arrive?
    Why work hard for a mansion in paradise when you can eek through for general admission and still get the same perks, right?
  5. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    25 Nov '13 23:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Why work hard for a mansion in paradise when you can eek through for general admission and still get the same perks, right?
    If it were easy, everyone would do it.
  6. 26 Nov '13 00:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Pudgenik, for your persistence in the manner of an atonal serialist kicking grimly against the harmonious and melodic pricks, I salute you.
    LOL!!! But, I must insist that you translate (in as many more words as it takes) that whole sentence into standard newspaper English (American newspapers, of course)--including a painstaking explanation of the pun that you might intend with "pricks" (surely you intend that, yes?). 🙂

    EDIT: Still laughing; best read of the day!
  7. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    26 Nov '13 02:25
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Why work hard for a mansion in paradise when you can eek through for general admission and still get the same perks, right?
    If your working for a reward then you are not a humble person and thinking of your reward and not the person you are helping!
  8. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    26 Nov '13 02:55
    Maybe there are greater prizes beyond mere admittance. You could gain admittance into heaven, or if you're extra good you could gain admittance PLUS a set of Ginsu knives! But wait, there's more...!
  9. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    26 Nov '13 04:19
    If you are really good can you get a family pass?
  10. 26 Nov '13 04:57
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If you are really good can you get a family pass?
    Do you have "proof of purchase" coupons for those other family members?
  11. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    26 Nov '13 05:01
    Originally posted by vistesd
    LOL!!! But, I must insist that you translate (in as many more words as it takes) that whole sentence into standard newspaper English (American newspapers, of course)--including a painstaking explanation of the pun that you might intend with "pricks" (surely you intend that, yes?). 🙂

    EDIT: Still laughing; best read of the day!
    It calls for a truly EXHAUSTIVE translation ...
  12. 26 Nov '13 05:03
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It calls for a truly EXHAUSTIVE translation ...
    And a truly genuine one . . .!!!
  13. 26 Nov '13 05:07
    Originally posted by vistesd
    And a truly genuine one . . .!!!
    EDIT to the above:

    I posted this elsewhere, but you will get the (oh, veiled, no doubt!) synchronicity—

    Yün-men said: “See how vast and wide the world is! Why do you put on your seven-piece robe at the sound of the bell?”

    —Translation by Robert Aitken from the Wu-Men Kuan
  14. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    26 Nov '13 05:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    And a truly genuine one . . .!!!
    Well, here is a genuinely melodic and harmonic translation ... YouTube

    "Muddy Water"; Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, from the album Kicking Against The Pricks.

    (In my translation "seven-piece robe" reads as "seersucker suit".)
  15. 26 Nov '13 05:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Well, here is a genuinely melodic and harmonic translation ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZgIliykTFw

    "Muddy Water"; Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, from the album Kicking Against The Pricks.

    (In my translation "seven-piece robe" reads as "seersucker suit".)
    Yeah. But only those who can synthesize (translate) across media/paradigms/language-games can get it. And I hate the “elitist” sound of that. “Never felt so all alone.”

    Well, not with you and bb and some others out there.

    I like your translation there.