1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 01:12
    so... 666... what do these numbers actually mean..?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 01:42
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    Call and ask.
  3. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 16:17
    It's the Number of the Beast (what ever in hell that means) and 665 is the Neighbour of the Beast.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 16:32
    Originally posted by klopdisselboom
    It's the Number of the Beast (what ever in hell that means) and 665 is the Neighbour of the Beast.
    Actually the neighbour lives at 664. 665 is on the other side of the road.
  5. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 17:12
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Actually the neighbour lives at 664. 665 is on the other side of the road.
    Not true. 666 is at the end of the road - a cul de sac.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 19:40
    i appreciate the replies...😀 but does anyone really know what these numbers actually represent... why are they the number of the beast..? the bible doesnt say...🙄
  7. Earth
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 20:31
    i appreciate the replies...😀 but does anyone really know what these numbers actually represent... why are they the number of the beast..? the bible doesnt say...🙄
    If the Bible does not say anything about it, it must come from another source. Do you know of another source of divine knowledge?
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 20:31
    Actually, 666 has nothing to do with the devil. (I knew this BEFORE it was on QI, honest 😛) it was a mistranslation by some monk or other, and the number was actually 661 (i think). Dont ask me what 661 means though. 666 has just stuck, but lets be honest, would Satan actually associate himself with man made numbers? numbers are just a tool for us to keep count of things - completely man made, if we had made the numbers go 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 1 then there would be thirds, but we chose to have tenths not ninths. I think satan wouldnt be too bothered to be linked with a human mathematical tool.
  9. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 21:03
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    Actually, 666 has nothing to do with the devil. (I knew this BEFORE it was on QI, honest 😛) it was a mistranslation by some monk or other, and the number was actually 661 (i think). Dont ask me what 661 means though. 666 has just stuck, but lets be honest, would Satan actually associate himself with man made numbers? numbers are just a tool for us to keep ...[text shortened]... s not ninths. I think satan wouldnt be too bothered to be linked with a human mathematical tool.
    Digits are a man-made tool, numbers are NOT. Numbers are a real thing. Yes we could write numbers differently, and the number of the Beast can be written 1010011010, or 29A, but it is all the same number no matter how you choose to represent it.
  10. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 21:13
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Digits are a man-made tool, numbers are NOT. Numbers are a real thing. Yes we could write numbers differently, and the number of the Beast can be written 1010011010, or 29A, but it is all the same number no matter how you choose to represent it.
    Apparently it can also be written VISA or PW Botha or George W Bush (who, incidentally I think is the same person)
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 21:17
    666 falls whort of the perfect nuber 777.

666 is mans number:

The Beast out of the Earth

Revelation 13:11-18

11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.
    12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
    13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.
    15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.
    16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,
    17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
    18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

1 Kings 10:14
    [ Solomon's Splendor ] The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents,

2 Chronicles 9:13
    [ Solomon's Splendor ] The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents,

Ezra 2:13
    of Adonikam 666
  12. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 21:20
    Well there we have it. Perfectly clear!
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '07 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    Actually, 666 has nothing to do with the devil. (I knew this BEFORE it was on QI, honest 😛) it was a mistranslation by some monk or other, and the number was actually 661 (i think). Dont ask me what 661 means though. 666 has just stuck, but lets be honest, would Satan actually associate himself with man made numbers? numbers are just a tool for us to keep ...[text shortened]... s not ninths. I think satan wouldnt be too bothered to be linked with a human mathematical tool.
    you are implying there is only the decimal system but there are so many others, for example binary uses a two digit system 0 and 1, hex uses a 16 base digit system; i think it was einstein who said, "god loves numbers"; dna is expressed in numbers; all of music is expressed in numbers (harmony, melody, rhythm etc), in fact in music 8 + 8 = 15 so the decimal system is a form of adding up but not the only way of adding up;

i think the fact most physicists agree that all of life and nature can be expressed using a mathematical formula and our lives revolve around numbers means the devil would be very interested in this subject
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 06:07
    you are implying there is only the decimal system but there are so many others, for example binary uses a two digit system 0 and 1, hex uses a 16 base digit system; i think it was einstein who said, "god loves numbers"; dna is expressed in numbers; all of music is expressed in numbers (harmony, melody, rhythm etc), in fact in music 8 + 8 = 15 so the deci ...[text shortened]... and our lives revolve around numbers means the devil would be very interested in this subject
    I will give you a hint. The number six is said to be the number of man. After all, man was created on the 6th day.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '07 06:10
    you are implying there is only the decimal system but there are so many others, for example binary uses a two digit system 0 and 1, hex uses a 16 base digit system; i think it was einstein who said, "god loves numbers"; dna is expressed in numbers; all of music is expressed in numbers (harmony, melody, rhythm etc), in fact in music 8 + 8 = 15 so the deci ...[text shortened]... and our lives revolve around numbers means the devil would be very interested in this subject
    Indeed. Numbers matter when it comes to our Creator. Biblically numbers represent a whole host of symbolisms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree